The new manager thread

Polarboy

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

Our recruitment has been haphazard for over a decade, even when Carr was sourcing good players from the French market, there didn't appear to be a joined up plan. 

I think Carr had one, but Ashley's plan was different, i.e. not spend too much money on quality, which is where it broke down.  For example, Riviere or Aubameyang (yes, I am sure someone will point out the "facts" that these were different years, but I think the point stands)

6 hours ago, Clarko said:

If I don't not what I'm talking about, you'd be able to tell my why, but you can't, instead you just resorted to throwing "insults" around and everything that you did say that was football related was factually incorrect... But hey, I'm the one who doesn't know football right? I'm here if you change your mind.

Thanks ... 

Margot Robbie Now Fuck Off GIF - Margot Robbie Now Fuck Off Fuck Off GIFs

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Clarko said:

I'm in a 'tizz'? Am I? I mean it would be understandable considering you resorted to lying to try and make a point, that you were wrong about...

I remind you, that you wanted to compare Hayden to Shelvey. Not me, I just provided the statistics that, again, you chose. And now you're resorting to changing

the subject of comparison to Ritchie and Murphy, two wide players, after the entirely of your previous argument was proved to be 'nonsense' as you put it. I'm not interested in debating whether or not the club has been run down with you, you're clearly uninformed and after being informed, you're not willing to own up to mistakes/bad takes and you're not willing to change your opinion when presented with new information.

Have a nice day.

Wait, wait wait, you think you're winning this discussion, don't you?

OP said Shelvey (and Gayle) were evidence of the club being run down. Your rebuttal was that Shelvey is the best midfielder we've got, outlasting and outperforming everyone else.

Well, we've cleared up the silliness that 'outlasting' is proof of the club not being run down.

re: outperforming you've relied on goal and assists as the only metrics applicable, but have disregarded other midfielders who outperformed him because their positions and roles are different. 

But neither of your rebuttals answer the the OP's point. Those two ageing players of diminishing returns are evidence of the club being run-down. All other clubs would have sold both of them and replaced them with younger, better players. 

So, take your your verbosity, misdirected condescension, and your honking fucking attitude and stick up right up your shitpipe. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I think Carr had one, but Ashley's plan was different, i.e. not spend too much money on quality, which is where it broke down.  For example, Riviere or Aubameyang (yes, I am sure someone will point out the "facts" that these were different years, but I think the point stands)

I think Carr was on a "Find undervalued players" hunt, but he wasn't looking at what the club needed. It's like when your lass goes shopping, she's not after what we need (new tv/projecter & screen/beer fridge), but anything with a discount.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Fish starts every long post like he’s a comic book villain about to do a monologue. Now you all have to live with noticing this every time out

Maybe I am. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

So, take your your verbosity, misdirected condescension, and your honking fucking attitude and stick up right up your shitpipe. 

clarko has turned this place on his head

Maybe Shelvey is one of those players who needs to believe he's the best thing since sliced bread in order to play with a brain - it's the only reason I can think of for Howe bigging him up here.

If it works, fair enough.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Maybe Shelvey is one of those players who needs to believe he's the best thing since sliced bread in order to play with a brain - it's the only reason I can think of for Howe bigging him up here.

If it works, fair enough.

Nah, he just needs to be fit enough to execute Howe's plans. There was never any doubt he has good technical ability.