Newcastle v Brentford

Christmas Tree

I see Howe has praised Shelvey as a great technician, and said he's been great in training in the lead up to Brentford. Voldermort must literally suck off the entire team in training every week. I suppose if I was to be charitable Howe is perhaps just trying to gee up a limited, albeit in some respects talented, player until he can replace him. It's not as if we have a plethora of choices when it comes to someone who can actually pass a ball forward, which of course is crucial to any manager who actually wants to play front foot football.

Just now, Polarboy said:

I see Howe has praised Shelvey as a great technician, and said he's been great in training in the lead up to Brentford. Voldermort must literally suck off the entire team in training every week. I suppose if I was to be charitable Howe is perhaps just trying to gee up a limited, albeit in some respects talented, player until he can replace him. It's not as if we have a plethora of choices when it comes to someone who can actually pass a ball forward, which of course is crucial to any manager who actually wants to play front foot football.

tenor.gif

Clarko is coming. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

He's also praised Joelinton.

Getting a strong QVC host vibe from Howe early doors. 

Edited by The Fish

If he can

Just now, The Fish said:

He's also praised Joelinton.

Getting a strong QVC host vibe from Howe early doors. 

If he can get both consistently contributing something worthwhile to the team, then he's a fucking genius. Only time will tell, but if Howe can coach King into a player, then perhaps all is not lost with Voldermort and Big Useless Joe.

Yeh - apparently Shelvey is absolutely class in training though so it’s no surprised he’s impressed. He seemed to be at the forefront of a lot of exercises in the videos. 

It can’t hurt to keep players like that onside & talk them up till they can be replaced. Same with BUJ7*.

Good positive vibes from Howe, which is going to motivate a lot better than Steve “Norwich have a fantastic team and we’ve got out work cut out cause we’re SHITE” Bruce.

• Like 1

BTW the more and more I see Howe, the more I am impressed.  He has a great work ethic and he isn't one of sticking to outdated methods like Bruce, Warnock, Fat Sam etc.  'Well I've done it like this for years' CUNTS

For definite it's a much better state of affairs when a manager is talking up his players and the team. You just have to hope that they aren't delusional when it comes to said players actual worth to the club in the medium to long term.

• Like 1

If Shelvey doesn’t put the effort in Jason Tindall will suplex him through an office table.

He looks like a right nasty bastard. 

Might be a Clough/Taylor thing going on :lol: 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Honestly, I watched a YouTube podcast last night where Dan Hodges was interviewed about training under Howe and it was mouth watering stuff.

Apparently everything in training is competitive and each day they have at least one session that results in “winners and losers”. The “winners” get their photo taken and end up on the wall along with a chart league table of the winners and losers.

This starts on the first day of pre season and ends on the final day of the season.

Doesnt matter whether it’s a full on training match or some routine involving 5 players. There must be winners and losers.

Apparently one of the winners photos made it to social media this week. I’ll see if I can find it.

So yes, gushing :lol: 

*might be this one

D2017812-5044-48B1-81D9-141F0F99E882.jpeg

Voldemort does not like "FUN".

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

If Shelvey doesn’t put the effort in Jason Tindall will suplex him through an office table.

He looks like a right nasty bastard. 

Might be a Clough/Taylor thing going on :lol: 

According to the last pod on the tyne (they had a bloke who covered Bournemouth for years as a guest last week) its actually the opposite! Tindall is lovely and Howe is a real hardass behind closed doors. 

Better than eating them on the bog like the last manager. 

I like the fact Howe is saying "you'll start to see changes immediately". Even that is really positive. A lot of managers would have hedged their bets and talked about it being a long term project, change will come slowly etc. 

Mind, we'll see tomorrow if he's right, but better he says what he has than giving the players the excuse.

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Better than eating them on the bog like the last manager. 

I like the fact Howe is saying "you'll start to see changes immediately". Even that is really positive. A lot of managers would have hedged their bets and talked about it being a long term project, change will come slowly etc. 

Mind, we'll see tomorrow if he's right, but better he says what he has than giving the players the excuse.

Not playing Ritchie at LB will be an immediate change :lol: