Teutonic scouse twats v Eddie & his hot rods

PaddockLad

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

If it had been a Liverpool player down or even if it had been Hayden, and we'd come away with the ball to counter, Dean would have stopped it cos he wouldn't have allowed play to go up the other end with a player down holding his head.

So it's absolutely fucking absurd that he allowed play to continue when they were putting the ball back into the area where the player was down holding his head. 

He stopped play for a knee injury.

It is especially absurd as there were two players down, meaning that it was highly unlikely one was feigning injury to get the game stopped.

German commentators were really surprised about the key decisions and why Dean was running across the pitch to get in the way of a shot.

The amount of extremely dodgy decisions recently do make me question if referees do really approach the game in a fair manner since the takeover.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Imagine if the game was at SJP and the ref was from Gateshead , and claimed to be a ‘Heed fan. 

What’s that ? You can’t imagine it? 

Aye, because it would never be allowed. 

George Courtney,  a fabulous ref, was never allowed to ref us because he was from County Durham.  Dont think he was a Mag, it just wasn't allowed. More recently there was Clattenburg who was a self confessed fan but the point remains... someone told me that cunt from the Wirral we had last night has kids who are season  ticket holders at Anfield...fuck knows if its true mind but there you go...

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Imagine if the game was at SJP and the ref was from Gateshead , and claimed to be a ‘Heed fan. 

What’s that ? You can’t imagine it? 

Aye, because it would never be allowed. 

See Anthony Taylor, born 2 miles from Old Trafford but an "Altrincham fan" - reffed us there at least twice recently. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

See Anthony Taylor, born 2 miles from Old Trafford but an "Altrincham fan" - reffed us there at least twice recently. 

That is fucking ridiculous. :lol:

There's absolutely no way to confirm that he really only supports Altrincham. No matter how sincere he looks when he tells you. You simply have to disallow him from reffing any Manchester games. 

36 minutes ago, NJS said:

He had an atrocious game one of the times in particular. Proper *Souness klaxon* proper dodgy decisions which massively cost us iirc?

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

George Courtney,  a fabulous ref, was never allowed to ref us because he was from County Durham.  Dont think he was a Mag, it just wasn't allowed. More recently there was Clattenburg who was a self confessed fan but the point remains... someone told me that cunt from the Wirral we had last night has kids who are season  ticket holders at Anfield...fuck knows if its true mind but there you go...

Aye, I’ve seen the people saying his kids support Liverpool and the Liverpool fans trying to call people out as people have said it’s his sons but he has daughters. Regardless of his kids affiliations he’s from the fucking Wirral and 100% has family that support LFC or EFC, it just shouldn’t be allowed he will clearly have some type of bias. 

The Liverpool glory hunter I know was trying to argue with me that Dean attends “loads” of Tranmere games, I asked if he’s based that off seeing the bloke jump up and down on his seat at that play off game a couple of years ago and he changed subject sharpish- seems to me attending a well televised game and making enough of a tit of yourself at it is enough to convince some youre 100% a Tranmere fan :lol:. That’s another thread btw how the fuck can you be a Liverpool glory hunter and be so against the city you are actually from? It fucking baffles me. 

• Like 1

Me dad knew George Courtney and I remember us chatting to him on the beach in Benidorm one time I think it might’ve been when the 82 World Cup was on, although he wasn’t England’s representative there (think he was in 86 at Mexico). Anyway, enough of that uninteresting and barely relevant anecdote. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

He reffed the playoff game v the mackems up here and told the mackems the game would finish even if it was midnight after the pitch invasion stopped the game for 20 mins or whatever it was. Some on this board may have been one of the pitch invaders but I couldn't possibly comment. 😬

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 5

I can't get on board with the whole "refs are bent" narrative. We hear enough of it up here, usually after a Rangers supporting ref gets photographed celebrating with Rangers fans a few hours after awarding their/his team a dodgy last minute penalty.

Nope. All above board and definitely no bias with officials. 😉