howe's battle weary covid evading magpies v ragnick's conveniently rested and newly coached red devils.

thebrokendoll

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

WELL TONIGHT THANK GOD ITS THEM INSTEEEEAADD OF YOOOOUUUUU.

Go and clang your chimes somewhere else, miseryguts. 

The performance was superb but the fact we didn’t win a game we dominated in terms of chances crested is a massive concern when you’re as desperate for points as we are. We have to start winning games at some point 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I know I sound like a Debbie downer but it feels like the stars are aligning against us. We had to win today on that performance. Remember how many fluke games we won under. Rice the season before last that we deserved to lose? This season is tne polar opposite. Everything seems to be going against us. Then now we have potentially our best two forwards out with long term injuries.

The thing in our favour this time is we have a manager who knows what he’s doing, players and fans who have bought into it and the opportunity to splash the cash in January in a way we haven’t seen before. We’re going to need to go on some winning run mind to survive from here 

We've been utter cacka and it's been coming for two years but we've had absolutely fuck all go our way this year from officials, punished fuck ups and injuries down to just sheer bad luck. The one positive tonight is the injuries are hopefully not long, we pull a sickie like every cunt else has and play Everton later on this season with ASM and Wilson alongside M'Bappe, Trippier and that kid knocking them in for Fiorentina. :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

The performance was superb but the fact we didn’t win a game we dominated in terms of chances crested is a massive concern when you’re as desperate for points as we are. We have to start winning games at some point 

We do, but you called this, and I quote a "guaranteed loss" not 24 hours ago. It can't now be the end of the world that we got a point. 

• Like 2

It’s all about enjoying football again for me.

I don’t care if we are getting relegated but just to see a team actually playing football and not simply relying on luck is making it enjoyable.

The gap between us and those teams ahead of us is still rather thin. If we can go on a winning streak then there is stil a chance.

If we go down then it will be down zo the fat cunts responsible for it.

How much bacon do I get for a million quid, did you say?

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The players and Howe are obviously in a good place right now which is impressive, attitude wise we were heads and shoulders above Manure.

We have a good run of games coming up - Everton, Southampton, Watford, Leeds, Everton again then Aston Villa, but with Wilson likely to be out for the bulk of them we need some scoring reinforcements as noone else we have is a consistent scorer.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It's frustrating mainly because what they scored was not even a good goal, it was Lascelles ball watching instead of marking and then a badly scuffed shot from the rebound.

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We've been utter cacka and it's been coming for two years but we've had absolutely fuck all go our way this year from officials, punished fuck ups and injuries down to just sheer bad luck. The one positive tonight is the injuries are hopefully not long, we pull a sickie like every cunt else has and play Everton later on this season with ASM and Wilson alongside M'Bappe, Trippier and that kid knocking them in for Fiorentina. :lol:

And honestly for one of the first times this season we had a good and fair refereeing performance. Funny that it coincides with one our best games of the season despite it being against vastly more fancied opponents.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We do, but you called this, and I quote a "guaranteed loss" not 24 hours ago. It can't now be the end of the world that we got a point. 

I was convinced we’d lose a after the past three games, as were most observers and bookies. I don’t think I’m saying anything controversial here tbh. 

We are absolutely desperate for points. PL history suggests teams that have one win by the half way stage go down (only one has ever survived). So to put in a performance like that and not win is gutting. Hopefully they can build on the performance and Wilson and ASM aren’t too fucked but we are running out games and need to start winning at Everton. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We won’t play the likes of Cavani every week.

I do remember a lot of matches under Bruce where I was just thinking “How did we get away with it?” afterwards.

Since Howe came in it’s rather a “How did they get away with it?”

It’s a totally different perspective nowadays.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I was convinced we’d lose a after the past three games, as were most observers and bookies. I don’t think I’m saying anything controversial here tbh. 

We are absolutely desperate for points. PL history suggests teams that have one win by the half way stage go down (only one has ever survived). So to put in a performance like that and not win is gutting. Hopefully they can build on the performance and Wilson and ASM aren’t too fucked but we are running out games and need to start winning at Everton. 

Completely agree it's gutting, but it's also much better than any of us expected. Playing that well and not winning won't last forever though. 

6 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I do remember a lot of matches under Bruce where I was just thinking “How did we get away with it?” afterwards.

Since Howe came in it’s rather a “How did they get away with it?”

It’s a totally different perspective nowadays.

Exactly what I was getting is. Just feels like everything has gone against us - Howe getting covid and missing his first game, the sending off against Norwich in his home debut, all the dodgy referee decisions since. The polar opposite of some of the luck cabbage head enjoyed 

12 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

🥱

91g-DL3e-7a-S.jpg

:lol:

"Wav been a really grayat taym till the ninetayn thurteys but anyways, am gunta write a bewk about the grayat yo-yo team of the sixteys, seventeys, eyateys, nineteys, two fusands, two fusands and tens and err..... aye."

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

We are absolutely desperate for points. PL history suggests teams that have one win by the half way stage go down (only one has ever survived). So to put in a performance like that and not win is gutting. Hopefully they can build on the performance and Wilson and ASM aren’t too fucked but we are running out games and need to start winning at Everton. 

I am not that great on the history of relegation but were the teams with 1 win, only 2 points off 17th, 5 points away from 16th and 8 points away from 15th? I am curious as to how far away they were from safety as it makes a big difference. 

I think the fact that everything has gone for us apart from the win makes a big difference if we had a gap of 12 points or even 9. Knowing you need to win three games on those above you when you have only managed 1 feels a step too far. I cannot see Burnley or Watford going on a good run. I can see them matching what they have so far. Leeds may invest next week and pull away and so may Everton.

I think out of everyone in the bottom 6, we have the best potential to go on a run with the current squads, we also have the best potential to improve our squad. 

I think if you were a player weighing up whether you wanted to punt your career on a move to Newcastle, when they may be relegated, if you had any belief in yourself, you would see the potential we have and think you would be the person who would make that difference. 

I genuinely don't fear the drop. I don't think it is written in the stars for us this time. No Ronaldo soft pen. No collapse after Cavani's scuffed goal. We were the more likely to win that game.

We don't need luck this year. We have a plan, we train, we have a some talent and a desire to play. Having said all tht, wiith how small the margins are, fortune seems to still have smiled upon us that this us the year we have our 1 win.

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We need 29 points from the last 19 games to get to the 40 point mark. The odds of us winning 10/19 games after a run of 1/19 aren't great! Let's hope there's 3 teams who implode and we only need 35/36 points 

I don't think Norwich, Burnley, Watford or Leeds are going to get close to 36 points. I can't see where their sudden upturn in form will come from. Maybe Leeds when their squad return from injury. I see Everton also being more likely to stay out of the 'battle' due to the form of the rest rather than gaining a load of points. They got 13 of their 19 points in the first 5 games. 6 points in their last 12 games implies that they have imploded and we aren't even looking that far up the table for survival. I don't think the team who survives this year will need to do much.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Isegrim said:

It’s all about enjoying football again for me.

I don’t care if we are getting relegated but just to see a team actually playing football and not simply relying on luck is making it enjoyable.

The gap between us and those teams ahead of us is still rather thin. If we can go on a winning streak then there is stil a chance.

If we go down then it will be down zo the fat cunts responsible for it.

How much bacon do I get for a million quid, did you say?

Absolutely the same for me. Only a short while ago I was forcing myself to watch games simply because my daughter is Newcastle daft. As soon as the ref blew, the channel was switched and no fucks were given.

Now, I’m really looking forward to attending matches when I can, watching fan YouTube channels about us, buying football shirts and enjoying reading the football section on here.

The love is back :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Leeds owner has said they may have to sell one of their star assets to achieve their goals or words to that effect.  I.e Philips, Raphinia or Bamford.

I think Raphina is linked with Bayern for €50. I wonder if their goals are to remain financially stable or to develop their squad.