The Kieran.

ohhh_yeah

• 1 month later...

:nufc:

"Newcastle United defender Kieran Trippier is the North East Football Writers Association’s Player of the Year for 2023.

The England international is the 44th winner of the award, beating off Sunderland winger Jack Clarke, who was second and Newcastle team-mate Joelinton in third in the calendar year poll of North East football journalists.

Middlesbrough midfielder Hayden Hackney has been voted the NE FWA Young Player of the Year."

https://footballwriters.co.uk/editorial/kieran-trippier-leads-fwa-ne-awards/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

The England international is the 44th winner of the award, beating off Sunderland winger Jack Clarke

Well that was a nice consolation prize for him.

• Haha 10

36 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well that was a nice consolation prize for him.

How a player worth 30m+ was beaten into second place by an useless old man is the question.  Magedia?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

How a player worth 30m+ was beaten into second place by an useless old man is the question.  Magedia?

If I were them I’d be more concerned how none of their prepubescent world beaters won young player of the year. #smogedia

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

If I were them I’d be more concerned how none of their prepubescent world beaters won young player of the year. #smogedia

Because they are all in their 30s :lol:

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

These rumours aren’t being extinguished. Very worrying.

Panic on the streets of Tyneside

Benton

Benwell

Ponteland

I wonder to myself 

Could life ever be sane again? 

Wonder with the Bayern links that Ashworth is looking at a swap deal?

Trippier (33yo) out for ~£10m (He is no Jack Clarke like!)

Kimmich (28yo) in for ~£70m on 5 year deal (so ~£14m for FFP)

Who knows what wages are like. Think he would also be a leader like Trippier.

Tino I think will improve even more and likely push Trippier for a starting spot from next season, plus I'm starting to think with Trippiers form in the past few months I wonder if he is starting to wane like Wilson?

Just speculation, all of this, but a midfield three of Kimmich, Bruno and Tonali next season (If we can keep Bruno) would be among the very best in the league.. 

On 20/01/2024 at 14:24, RobElliott said:

Wonder with the Bayern links that Ashworth is looking at a swap deal?

Trippier (33yo) out for ~£10m (He is no Jack Clarke like!)

Kimmich (28yo) in for ~£70m on 5 year deal (so ~£14m for FFP)

Who knows what wages are like. Think he would also be a leader like Trippier.

Tino I think will improve even more and likely push Trippier for a starting spot from next season, plus I'm starting to think with Trippiers form in the past few months I wonder if he is starting to wane like Wilson?

Just speculation, all of this, but a midfield three of Kimmich, Bruno and Tonali next season (If we can keep Bruno) would be among the very best in the league.. 

Swap deals just rarely happen in real life though. Too many factors involved. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Swap deals just rarely happen in real life though. Too many factors involved. 

That’s true but it’s a little bit weird we were linked with Kimmich before the Tripper thing started… likely nothing but if we’re in the market for a midfielder…. 

Just now, PaddockLad said:

That’s true but it’s a little bit weird we were linked with Kimmich before the Tripper thing started… likely nothing but if we’re in the market for a midfielder…. 

Kimmich is a very capable RB too, iirc he started his career as a full back and was converted to CDM once he moved to Bayern.

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I'd be delighted to send Trippier to Bayern in exchange for Kimmich, but I think that if that happens it would just be two separate deals.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Have they heard of Krafth? 

If they haven't they should open up their Computer, love.

• Haha 2