Eddie Howe’s sell out trippy mags vs Cambridge’s daft punt boat nonces

Tom

That was the worst performance all season. We have two players capable of playing up front, neither of them played, and this was the inevitable result. No goals scored against a League One side. 

If we don't sign strikers in this window we may as well sack the rest of the season off. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

That was the worst performance all season. We have two players capable of playing up front, neither of them played, and this was the inevitable result. No goals scored against a League One side. 

If we don't sign strikers in this window we may as well sack the rest of the season off. 

precisely this.

we need a striker in the next couple of days or we get nil v whatever watford score next weekend.

I've been the eternal optimist up to now we'd get out of this, however anything other 3 points on saturday and I think I'll be chucking the towel in.

fucking woeful that was.

• Like 4

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

precisely this.

we need a striker in the next couple of days or we get nil v whatever watford score next weekend.

I've been the eternal optimist up to now we'd get out of this, however anything other 3 points on saturday and I think I'll be chucking the towel in.

fucking woeful that was.

Woeful, abysmal, dire, atrocious and a total embarrassment. I can't even get mad at some of these as they're just not good enough, like telling a child off for not being able to fix a leaky roof.

• Like 1

A reminder of where we are really. The players linked while exciting aren’t at the club. We desperately need forwards, and CMs to go with these CB targets. For me the decision is do we just go down, or plough money in massively to stay up - signing Trippier, Botman, and Carlos won’t keep us up

After they scored was the real test of these players, they lacked any real idea of how to get through a low block and could not create anything substantial after half time. Saint Max down the middle is a disaster as he just reverts to type anyway and drifts out wide pointlessly trying to take on the same 2 defenders that they put on him on the right and everytime it came to nothing so besides when he played Murphy in he was dogshit today, time and time again he could have layed someone off or played a simple pass back into someone in space in the box/on the edge of the box but instead tries to take on 2/3 players and wriggle in behind its so frustrating to watch.

• Like 1

Cambridge clearly weren’t in anyway worried about playing us today.The score line would probably have been more embarrassing if we’d played them at their place.The odd game where we’ve shown some fight,yes,but today was more like what we’ve become accustomed to.Slower than Cambridge individually, and with or without the ball.How often did we stretch them? Trippier will not enjoy playing behind ASM.Time and time again he waited for ASM to lay the ball off,and time and time again ASM spun this way,that way,then laid it of reluctantly to players  in worse positions.I’m still waiting for Fraser to find a black and white shirt in the box.Saying that,how many of our players wanted to win headers in the box.Astor BUJ7.I’ll continue to use that name.Willock is a fuckin disgrace.Dubravka is a coward.

Why the fuck do we have no goal scorers?

Remember when…..?

8             Peter Beardsley

9             Alan Shearer

10           Les Ferdinand

11           Faustino Asprilla

And aye that was a rhetorical question, we all know why.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Why the fuck do we have no goal scorers?

Remember when…..?

8             Peter Beardsley

9             Alan Shearer

10           Les Ferdinand

11           Faustino Asprilla

And aye that was a rhetorical question, we all know why.

there isn't a hope in hell that the strikers currently on our books would score enough goals to get us out the championship let alone keep us in this league.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Lets be honest. We are down and non of the players linked will come without a relegation clause and by the sounds of it we aren't offering that. 

We are down with the current crop of players. That’s pretty obvious.

Add another 4-5 who instantly improve tne first team, like trippier, then who knows? 

To keep it in context though, we're in a perilous predicament and we really don't need extra matches, or even extra time in today's match. The FA cup could not be less of a priority this season. 

That said the gaping holes are obvious to all to see and we need to buy immediately to fill them. Pay over the odds. It doesn't matter. We need to stay up and we need to pay whatever it takes to make that happen. 

• Like 2