SEASON-DEFINING MUST-WIN 6-POINTER (nufc v watford match thread)

Dr Gloom

I wanted us to go down at the beginning of the season but since the takeover I'd rather us stay up, invest heavily and push next year for top half. There's absolutely no benefit in us going down hence the desire to remain in the Premier League. 

I just fail to understand why these lads aren't digging in and showing their full ability. Either they think they are capable of challenging for those places or they put themselves in the window for other clubs. They should be running through walls to prove the media and doubters wrong. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rosco said:

This time is nothing like the last two times under the fat bastard......its a whole new ball game

Yes, you’re right, we’ll have far more resources to come straight back up this time. Not that we’ll need them as the standard of The Championship is just as shite as it was back then.

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I wanted us to go down at the beginning of the season but since the takeover I'd rather us stay up, invest heavily and push next year for top half. There's absolutely no benefit in us going down hence the desire to remain in the Premier League. 

I just fail to understand why these lads aren't digging in and showing their full ability. Either they think they are capable of challenging for those places or they put themselves in the window for other clubs. They should be running through walls to prove the media and doubters wrong. 

Why on earth did/do people want us to go down.....under the fat cunt the club wouldn't have been bought by Saudis and when people say "we need a fresh start/back to basics/rebuild......whatever way you say it relegation is a disaster 

These players are playing about as well as they can and putting about as much effort in as they can.... am not sure what other conclusion anyone could reach..we've won  one in 20 . Am not sure what extra EH has produced tbh.  I don't hate him, think he's rubbish etc, just judging him on outcomes.  The better stats aren't winning games.....

• Like 3

Just now, PaddockLad said:

These players are playing about as well as they can and putting about as much effort in as they can.... am not sure what other conclusion anyone could reach..we've won  one in 20 . Am not sure what extra EH has produced tbh.  I don't hate him, think he's rubbish etc, just judging him on outcomes.  The better stats aren't winning games.....

What infuriates me is that we’ve had some excellent performances and been unlucky to lose/draw and then performances like today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Yes, you’re right, we’ll have far more resources to come straight back up this time. Not that we’ll need them as the standard of The Championship is just as shite as it was back then.

It puts us back a few years and wasted millions on championship players then a new squad when promoted just to finish mid table, its been a struggle to attract players now if you believe the media 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I honestly think some of them are playing at 100% they're just massively shit

1 minute ago, Renton said:

A lot of it seems to be a confidence issue imo, as Isegrim said we go to pieces when in the lead. Surely that's a managerial issue? Although it's still early days for Howe.

They're shot to bits. But what an howe do really? He should have subbed sooner but we have no leaders on the pitch at all. 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I honestly think some of them are playing at 100% they're just massively shit

Quite possibly but there are a few - Longstaff Willock and Lascelles who have performed far better than they currently are. If EH is the man manager that others say he is, he should be squeezing far more from them than what they're currently putting out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Quite possibly but there are a few - Longstaff Willock and Lascelles who have performed far better than they currently are. If EH is the man manager that others say he is, he should be squeezing far more from them than what they're currently putting out. 

I would love to know whats happened to Willock. Longstaff. Is his contract on his mind? How howe thinks he has  a long term future here worries me tbh. 

The past years of under investment in the squad is showing. We seriously have a shit threadbare squad. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

A lot of it seems to be a confidence issue imo, as Isegrim said we go to pieces when in the lead. Surely that's a managerial issue? Although it's still early days for Howe.

Confidence is playing a big part, but I don't think many of them have the ability to play the way Howe wants us to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I think the Norwich result is bad as I can't feasibly imagine Everton going down, and Norwich now look to me as possibly the most likely of the shit 4 to survive. However I think we do have an outside chance of beating Leeds and dragging them into the mix. If we strengthen, anyway. 

Norwich are absolutely awful man

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Today is the first day I've thought we could be going down, but I also think there's plenty games left. I think we just have to go wild in the aisles with transfers now though. 

This squad of players unimproved is sunk.

You can’t win one game by mid January and expect anything other than relegation tbh 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

What's everyone's guilty pleasure with words? 'Spacker' is mine, though I do like 'flid' and feel it's criminally underused.

:lol:

I'll use both very sparingly. 

(Whilst being very aware that neither are particularly nice at all, just in case someone needs to hear that.)

Just now, Gemmill said:

Well you can though, that's the thing. Just look at the table. 

Look at the games we’ve got left. How many of them do you see us winning , realistically? 3-4? 

Depends what we do in terms of signings. I said, this squad unimproved is sunk. But replace the centre halves, with mobile, capable players, and put someone in the middle of the park that's the same, and things could look so different. 

36 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Norwich are absolutely awful man

Won 3 Times as many games as us, more points than us, still in the FA Cup, and we couldn't beat them at home. Objectively we are more awful than them. 

massively disappointed, sombre drive home.

we've thrown so many points away now but those 2 to me felt the worst as we offered nothing after going ahead and you knew they would score.

massive investment and upgrades in the next 2 weeks are we're fucked, sadly.

:(

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

Won 3 Times as many games as us, more points than us, still in the FA Cup, and we couldn't beat them at home. Objectively we are more awful than them. 

We absolutely should have beaten them at home. Even with 10 men. They were lifting 

We just offer fucking nothing, did we have a shot on target other than the goal? It’s pathetic. 

I know I keep saying it but I just can’t get over how fucking rotten our CM is, the defence rightly catches a lot of flak but they get barely any screen from CM, and the attack gets no support whatsoever. When we attack and lose possession the ball basically ends up at our defence every fucking time, even if a loose ball comes out it has to go all the way back to our defence before it’s recycled back into an attack. It’s far too fucking slow, the opposition can reorganize and get back into position. There’s also just no switching of the play, it’s all down one side then slowly passed back and eventually might make its way across to the other side, no purpose, no attempt to force an over load, nothing. At this point I’m convinced you could pick a random lad out the crowd and they’d manage to give a better account of themself than Longstaff does, fucking Beefy is more nimble than the concrete booted bastard. Shelvey is Shelvey and won’t ever change, how we still have to watch that prick play after all these fucking years, we even had some bloke have the brass neck to come on here and proclaim he was a good player, that’s the level of Stockholm syndrome our fan base have after being tortured by these players. Joelinton is strong and has energy but he’s laughable on the ball most the time.

If we haven’t brought in at least one CM I genuinely might skip watching the Leeds match as it’s just a waste of fucking time tbh, and I can’t watch Shelvey and Longstaff plod around together anymore, I just can’t man. I almost called for an ambulance when Shelvey fouled that bloke on the edge of our area early on, I couldn’t believe he could be moving that slow in real time, I thought I must be having some serious issue and seeing things in fucking slow motion, the Watford player seemed to close 30 yards in the time it took Shelvey to move 5 yards. We could have Beckenbauer and Nesta at CB but we aren’t winning games with this CM, they slow us down, don’t screen for the defence, and generally offer fuck all. 

I actually started to watch them closely on Watford corners and free kicks, the lack of urgency they made in getting out of the box made me almost thankful 14 years of Ashley which has borderline removed my love of Football as if I was as passionate about it as I was pre-Ashley I think my head would have exploded. 

I know people will say signing players is hard etc but how the fuck are we two weeks into a window and we have not improved on Sean Longstaff, and Jamal Lascelles? Why the actual fuck are we the only club with trillionaire owners who can’t seem to spend it? This must be some elaborate reality show to torture the entire support base of this club. I actually burst out laughing at Longstaffs shot during the first half, I genuinely don’t think I’ve seen a player have much more time and space in a PL game in my life, and he didn’t just miss he missed both high and wide :lol:, he has to be trolling. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2