Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

e222cfc508a2c6fe9d067d128b160507.jpg
UB40 did a song about him…

I did say 9 times out of 10, or as it's more commonly referred to, the Savage exception. 

Fab is reporting it now as well. 

In fairness 50m for a player with two years left on his contract, who's possibly indicated the he's not overly excited about signing an extension, and with Leicester in need of cash, that's a more than fair offer. 

• Like 3

It would be highly amusing if we got Maddison for around the 40m after Rogers' comments. I would assume they'd want it to be undisclosed if that were the case, but a transfer this high profile I doubt they'd be able to keep a lid on it. 

Edited by Polarboy

35 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The main reason I would want him was because how pissed off Leicester fans seemed to be at the thought

A lot of 'why would he leave us to go to Newcastle' comments from Leicester fans over twitter 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yeah I get a sense this will happen.

I still think Paqueta will as well mind you, no science behind it just an inkling. I think he could be a deadline day marquee signing.

If this comes off, wow.  Superb window tbh.

• Like 2

If we got him, fuck me chicken nonce will be screaming blue murder and no doubt be wrigglng around how we got a loan to spend so the FFP limit increased and because Barry the season ticket holder gave Sandra a tip at this weekend's friendly thats reduced the VAT bill on a dozen eggs at the training ground.

13 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

It would be highly amusing if we got Maddison for around the 40m after Rogers' comments. I would assume they'd want it to be undisclosed if that were the case, but a transfer this high profile I doubt they'd be able to keep a lid on it. 

You have to think we've had some encouragement from LCFC. If £40mil wouldn't buy 3/4 of his left leg we'd be wasting our time bidding "less than £45mil". Unless the £8mil they owe for Perez is on top of that 

• Like 2

Romano's usually pretty accurate like. Seems like Werner is slipping away back to Leipzig, and Chelsea do supposedly want one of their players, so they could easily do business. Cornet would be very useful in terms of cover out wide and at centre forward, so I won't be that heartbroken if we get him instead of Werner. 

Quote from a Leicester City fan in response to our bid for Maddison 😂

"I get the impression Newcastle United seem to be trying to unsettle #LCFC before the season starts. Are they panicking?"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dougle said:

eeeerm

Everton boss Rafael Benitez doing what is best for Anthony Gordon | Malvern  Gazette

Gordon is a very good young player with plenty of potential in fairness. People in the game seem to think he's the next big thing. He's a bit like Paddy Pimblett; an annoying scouser with an even more annoying head on him, but not lacking in talent. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Gordon is a very good young player with plenty of potential in fairness. People in the game seem to think he's the next big thing. He's a bit like Paddy Pimblett; an annoying scouser with an even more annoying head on him, but not lacking in talent. 

I’d prefer to sign Paddy

• Haha 2

Does anyone else find it a bit weird how much this is playing out in public with all the detail about our second bid leaked? Doesn’t seem our style, unless Leicester are trying to flush out other bidders. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Does anyone else find it a bit weird how much this is playing out in public with all the detail about our second gif leaked? Doesn’t seem our style, unless Leicester are trying to flush out other bidders. 

I hope it’s a funny gif tbh

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Does anyone else find it a bit weird how much this is playing out in public with all the detail about our second gif leaked? Doesn’t seem our style, unless Leicester are trying to flush out other bidders. 

Second One Number Two GIF - Second One Number Two Choices - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Like 1

If Dubravka's going to be unhappy being number 2 then we may as well use him as a make weight. Fair play to the guy on twitter who raised this as a possibility last night. Not exactly the hardest math of course, we want Maddison, we don't want to pay over a certain amount, and Schmeichel is away to France.  

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season