Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Not sure how the Maddison thing would be related. I think Chelsea offloading all their shite to Saudi reeks, but fuck all we can do about it.

I'm confident we will still have a good transfer window and get in what we need, but I don't think our top 4 aspirations have been helped by Chelsea suddenly righting the ship with blatant financial skullduggery.

As for Saudi / PIF involvement, they're in big splash mode with their league and Chelsea has presented them with a perfect opportunity to make a big splash. I don't think we need to worry about this being an ongoing issue cos Chelsea can't keep doing this and be successful.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Not sure how the Maddison thing would be related. I think Chelsea offloading all their shite to Saudi reeks, but fuck all we can do about it.

I'm confident we will still have a good transfer window and get in what we need, but I don't think our top 4 aspirations have been helped by Chelsea suddenly righting the ship with blatant financial skullduggery.

As for Saudi / PIF involvement, they're in big splash mode with their league and Chelsea has presented them with a perfect opportunity to make a big splash. I don't think we need to worry about this being an ongoing issue cos Chelsea can't keep doing this and be successful.

Is the sudden change in the mood music around Maddison coming to SJP down to a shift in emphasis from PIF? are the Saudi clubs more of a priority this summer?  Just idle thoughts in a way but 48 hours after PIF give Chelsea a massive boost they’re lashing out another 50 mill on the striker they desperately need and they now have a very good coach. We’ll have to see how it all plays out and to be honest there’s no point whingeing about it. This is where we are and who we’re in bed with…

I think we're our own thing tbh. We're being run completely separately to everything that's going on with the Saudi league, I would imagine - I don't think they will be competing interests for PIF at all.

If Maddison would rather be in London (which I'm sure there's probably some truth in), you can't really blame him. The capital can't be a bad place to be when money's no object.

• Like 4

Nothing much we didn't know. We're keen to make a "big statement" transfer and are after both Maddison (who is cheaper) and Szoboszlai (who is seen as the more promising option). We ideally want Leipzig to accept a fee below his release clause but there's no reason to expect Leipzig will go along with that, so things could drag on. I think that's about it.

• Like 3

Maddison is dating/married to an American influencer type. I wonder if she's leaning on him to move to London rather than Newcastle. I just can't understand why you choose Spurs over NUFC for purely footballing reasons?

Show him a video of our first 20mins against them. They're a shit show, about to sell the only player that kept them in the top half of the table and their new manager has only managed in farmers leagues 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season