Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

The Mail are saying that we're interested in Cucurella off Chelsea, but that they'd need to take a 30 odd million hit on the 60m+ they paid for him. Could be nonsense but he could also be on the list as an alternative to Tierney. I've heard Sosa, Dimarco, and now Cucurella as alternatives to Tierney. He's been shite for Chelsea, but then so was pretty much every Chelsea player last season. Chelsea way over paid for him, but closer to 30m might be fairer for his best form. 

He’s shite for Chelsea and was shite at Brighton. Probably the most negative player in the premier league, terrified of risking the ball ever. Would be a huge rip off at £30m, one of the worst deals of all time Chelsea paying £60m for him. 

I think the link’s bollocks anyway tbh. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Polarboy said:

The Mail are saying that we're interested in Cucurella off Chelsea, but that they'd need to take a 30 odd million hit on the 60m+ they paid for him. Could be nonsense but he could also be on the list as an alternative to Tierney. I've heard Sosa, Dimarco, and now Cucurella as alternatives to Tierney. He's been shite for Chelsea, but then so was pretty much every Chelsea player last season. Chelsea way over paid for him, but closer to 30m might be fairer for his best form. 

Sosa is pretty good going forward and does put in fantastic crosses but is often awful at defending.

All gone a bit quiet in the rumour mill. Hopefully that means we are quietly plugging away behind the scenes. 

Id be ower the knot with Barella, Tierney and Maddison. A young striker would be useful too. Could do without half a season with one CF when Wilson picks up his annual injury 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Howay said:

He’s shite for Chelsea and was shite at Brighton. Probably the most negative player in the premier league, terrified of risking the ball ever. Would be a huge rip off at £30m, one of the worst deals of all time Chelsea paying £60m for him. 

I think the link’s bollocks anyway tbh. 

He was arguably their worst player last season which, given how shite they were, is really saying something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There was a report from Spain that we're willing to pay 70m for Tchouameni off Real. Maybe nonsense maybe not. I'd imagine he would be top of our wishlist for that number 6 spot at most, as opposed to being confident of getting him. 

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/06/18/newcastle-united-table-bid-to-sign-aurelien-tchouameni/

11 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I see Partey is being linked with a move away from Arsenal. We could do worse than him for that number 6 spot if the transfer fee isn't prohibitive. 

Wasn't he accused of something? 

Apparently Lyon have to raise 60m euro in 12 days to avoid financial sanctions, so there could possibly be a fire sale of players in order to raise it. Cherki the young attacking midfielder and Caqueret the young defensive mid stand out. Perhaps Tagliafico as well, but given he'll be 31 in August his best days could well be behind him. 

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

I see Partey is being linked with a move away from Arsenal. We could do worse than him for that number 6 spot if the transfer fee isn't prohibitive. 

Decent player but he has the touch of a…

• Haha 3

The Chronicle should be ashamed of themselves posting absolute click bait shite like this, rather than trying to enjoy the good times with the fans they seem to be focusing heavily on negative articles. Bunch of second rate pricks. 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season