Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

26 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

How could you forget Dummet?

Honestly forgot he existed 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, strawb said:

Honestly forgot he existed 

He's like Bruce Willis in the sixth sense, he doesn't realise he's not a player anymore and doesn't realise the likes of Isak and Bruno can't see him. :lol: (poor cunt and unlucky with injuries when we turned it around after fatty fucked off).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Never heard of this lad but he looks class YouTube 

I’ve just googled him. Son of Derek. Nephew of Barry.

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’ve just googled him. Son of Derek, Nephew of Barry, First of His Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains

Full titled YP.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Full titled YP.

This just made me wish for a moment where a Barry rocked up on GoT and claimed the iron throne for himself. Made the actual ending feel even shitter tbh

I saw him play for Bologna at Hellas Verona the night before we played Milan. Best player on the park in a decent 0-0. He’s just done his ACL though so he misses Scotland in Germany this summer 😭

4 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’ve just googled him. Son of Derek, Nephew of Barry, no relation to Shane. First of His Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains

FYP

14 hours ago, OTF said:

FYP

-CT Has left the Chat-

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Us trying to pilfer Arsenal prospects. Probably not a bad policy. 

Pretty small legs for a footballer if you ask me.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If we end up with Tosin and Kelly, on top of Schar, Botman and Burn, then I suspect Lascelles may have played his last game for us. Not even sure he will get a squad number in January 

He is very lucky (financially) that he extended his deal just before this happened. Obviously very unlucky to get a bad injury.

15 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Tosin fits Howe's requirements well.  6'4", big athletic lad

Deputy for Schar in Tosin, I reckon. Big lad, good in the tackle, good range of passing, not slow (just takes a while to get going). 

Kelly is versatile and a good squad defender, upgrade on Targett for sure. 

If we can fill two spots in the squad for (relative) peanuts, that means we can focus the funds on the more expensive areas like RW and CF. I'd still like a better deputy 'keeper who is more comfortable with the ball at his feet (or at least more brave in coming out to sweep up as Pope is) and I still think we need depth at fullback. 

I also like the fact that it looks like we're doing some business early. Longer to bed them in, longer time on the training ground, better chance of them hitting the ground running. Also means we can focus more intently on deals that are perhaps more complicated to get over the line.

• Like 4