Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Ciggy is better box to box but in an ideal world. He looked quite good at times last night but sometimes just isn't sharp enough and gets caught in possession in critical areas.

Another one that has improved under Howe but I still don't seeing in him getting back to the level when he broke onto the scene

Edited by Holden McGroin

For what it's worth, it was Targett at fault for their goal, not Longstaff. Caught out of position and didn't bother to get back at all. I'll forgive him because he's coming back from injury and we won, but to be clear; Targett's fault, not Longstaff.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Ciggy is better box to box but in an ideal world. He looked quite good at times last night but sometimes just isn't sharp enough and gets caught in possession in critical areas.

Another one that has improved under Howe but I still don't seeing in him getting back to the level when he broke onto the scene

Was Longstaff bad otherwise in the game? Plenty saying he was poor. He'd been playing OK of late so kind of disappointing if it is the case.

I don't think he was bad. Controlled the game in the second half but always liable to get caught out.

I lost hope for him a long time ago when I thought he was great coming through. Howe obvs thinks he can contribute at some level to give him a new contract.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

For what it's worth, it was Targett at fault for their goal, not Longstaff. Caught out of position and didn't bother to get back at all. I'll forgive him because he's coming back from injury and we won, but to be clear; Targett's fault, not Longstaff.

Who said it was Longstaff?

4 minutes ago, OTF said:

Was Longstaff bad otherwise in the game? Plenty saying he was poor. He'd been playing OK of late so kind of disappointing if it is the case.

Gave the ball away too many times and has the athleticism of a darts player.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Gave the ball away too many times and has the athleticism of a darts player.

Explains why he made a 180 after a promising start under Rafa. 

• Haha 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season