Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

This is the archetypical signing for us; sure the transfer fee is higher that we'd liked but that's balanced against his age and the fact that he's not already on ridiculous wages. Rumoured to be going to 100-120k/week which is a massive increase from what he's on at Socieded. Would have been the same for Ekitike.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Is Fab pulling a chicken and wine move here in a desperate bid to prove he wasn’t wrong with his “here we go” tweet about Pedro?

10 hours ago, Footywithuti said:

Evening everyone, hope you're doing well! I've just done a short video (5 odd minutes) detailing everything you need to know about Alexander Isak for those interested. Make no mistake about it, this kid is a truly special talent. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have and hope you find this informative. Cheers and have a good one, exciting times in Tyneside at the minute and no fan base which deserves it more in English football!

Love the agression and swearing.  My kinda 'tuber

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Footywithuti said:

Evening everyone, hope you're doing well! I've just done a short video (5 odd minutes) detailing everything you need to know about Alexander Isak for those interested. Make no mistake about it, this kid is a truly special talent. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have and hope you find this informative. Cheers and have a good one, exciting times in Tyneside at the minute and no fan base which deserves it more in English football!

Thought this was good mate, thanks for posting. 

11 hours ago, Footywithuti said:

I really like your analysis. I’d like some of the stats/data you pull up to hold a little longer on screen. It was hard to read some of it before you cut away to the next still

• Like 1

We should 100% take the piss out of them here. They thought they had us over a barrel with Lingard last season and were completely out of order with their stupid demands. We shouldn't just be rolling over here - the only issue is we shouldn't be seen to dick Dubravka around. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I have the vague memory of Darlow being a decent goal keeper and and not understanding us getting Dubs or did we have Krull still?

Dubravka arrived on loan in January 2018.

We started the 2017/18 season with Elliott, Darlow and Woodman. Elliott was the starter and Darlow waiting in the bench. 

But Elliott injured his back at the end of 2017, with Darlow making good matches.

But Rafa wants a keeper that would be better with his feets, so we get Dubravka.

I remember so much controversial with this sign, because anybody knew Dubravka then, and we had 3 GK. Elliott, that looks like the starter, Darlow, that made good impressions in the few matches he played, and Woodman, that was the U21 England keeper and looks like 'The next big thing'.

At the end, the Elliott Injury was very long, and we send Woodman on loan to Aberdeen. 

Krul was out the club in 2017 summer. And, to be fair at that time he was not a very reliable goalkeeper because after breaking his knee, he had only had a couple of months of activity (on loan in the Netherlands) in the last two years.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Your names not on that tbh Dave :cuppa: and it’s from January. You do this every time mate. It’s not hurting us but we can all see this behaviour is definitely hurting you . DM me x 

What do you mean, my name isn't on that? I literally show a side-by-side comparison of Vlahovic and Isak, stating I'd rather we went for the Swede.

Come on PL, you're better than this.

12 hours ago, Footywithuti said:

Great video 👍 and great name.

We still have quite a few players on the books who look like the play Footy With UTI 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Craig said:

I still don't fucking understand why Man United let Henderson go out on loan again, who can arguably challenge Pope (and Ramsdale) and replace him with the guy Pope's replaced at Newcastle, 

They're absolute clowns at OT.

The player forced the move. They brought him back from loan after that great season he had in the PL with Sheffield United and promised him a starting spot then reneged on the agreement which left him seething.

• Like 1

So if we do sign Isak for the fee being discussed, I wonder if some people will accept that we have a price structure for each player that we are willing to spend and stop being upset when we won't put in the extra 10-20M on a player like Maddison? Even if we do all want him here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

So if we do sign Isak for the fee being discussed, I wonder if some people will accept that we have a price structure for each player that we are willing to spend and stop being upset when we won't put in the extra 10-20M on a player like Maddison? Even if we do all want him here.

Aye but Maddison is definitely worth more than £60m. He's a 25 year old England international who score about 1 in 3 in the league last season. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season