Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

39 minutes ago, Howay said:

I love this banter of “about 5 years”, I even saw a bloke having a pop about how he’d “only” scored a certain amount in over 4 years, they all seem to completely ignore he’s only 22 year old an age most strikers haven’t even started many games :lol: 

Of course, sunderland know all there is to know about scoring goals…:lol:

Oh, wait…

• Haha 1

If we can get someone like Gallagher on loan I'm not too bothered about Paqueta this window, on the proviso that he doesn't sign for the bubble blowing dildo impresarios. I have to admit it would grate seeing him pinging the ball about for the happiest man in Scotland David Moyes. If Lyon price him out of a move this window we may still be able to get him in January or next summer. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, KetteringMag said:

Would anyone seriously take Mctominay on loan in a swap for Dubravka for a year? He's not the greatest of players but I'd back Eddie to make anyone a success 

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Joking aside, if that is Paqueta - and I'm not a great believer in plane watching being a tell tale sign for this sort of thing tbh - then we have had a fucking incredible window. Possibly the best window that I've ever seen at this club bar the one where we brought in Shearer.

Ferdinand, Barton & Ginola was a good one.

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Joking aside, if that is Paqueta - and I'm not a great believer in plane watching being a tell tale sign for this sort of thing tbh - then we have had a fucking incredible window. Possibly the best window that I've ever seen at this club bar the one where we brought in Shearer.

The window when we signed Shearer was actually really shit. He’s the only player we signed when it was clear our shortcomings had been the defence which nothing at all was done about.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Craig said:

The window when we signed Shearer was actually really shit. He’s the only player we signed when it was clear our shortcomings had been the defence which nothing at all was done about.

I was 11 years old and we just signed Alan Shearer. The club could have gone bust in the process and I would still have thought it was the best window ever :D 

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Ferdinand, Barton & Ginola was a good one.

Just for Ferdinand and Ginola. Barton and Shaka were dodgy and got dropped at the business end of the title race, the former being the most expensive defender signed in UK football.

Last January was the best transfer window I've seen all things considered, and I can see it being beaten repeatedly.

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, I never rated Barton personally but it felt like we were moving into different leagues (of calibre)  when we started getting these guys in. 

Feels similar now.

Aye I think Barton is held in higher esteem because he embraced the area and seems to be a good bloke. I never had confidence in him.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season