Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

If that tweet about Pedro is accurate, as in Watford had agreed a price and then tried to play silly beggars, upped the price and tried to engineer a bidding war, then we were 100% right to back away. I still think it's very likely we'll sign him before the window closes, but it depends on how set Pedro is on joining us. Signing Isak, knock on wood, has also strengthened our negotiating hand given we're no longer as desperate to sign a forward. 

• Like 3

I think Barton might’ve been a world record for a defender at that time, not just a British record. He’d had a fantastic season at Wimbledon but we essentially spent a fortune on a RB who wasn’t as good as one we already had (Stevie Watson). 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

From what I've heard Ten Haag really doesn't rate De Gea so Dubravka could well be in with a regular start. 

If that's the case though, why let Henderson go out on loan?

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

From what I've heard Ten Haag really doesn't rate De Gea so Dubravka could well be in with a regular start. 

If that's the case though, why let Henderson go out on loan?

Can't remember who said it, but I think Henderson has had too many broken promises and wanted out. Can't blame him.

De Gea last season I thought had a decent season.  Prior to that though he was poor by his standards for a couple of years.  I think the fuck up v Brentford has probably reinforced Ten Haag's feeling is he isn't the top top keeper he once was.

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Told you lads not to get your hopes up

Not sure why he is moving there though.

Too 10 side in London paying the going rate . He and just as importantly his agents are probably not fussed by anything bar money . Dildo sellers need a marquee signing to placate easily led cockneys. What Moyes will make of him who knows?…, 

Moyes didn't seem to know where he played the other day :lol:

I am ok with this.  If he wants to join a team on the wane, then fine.  Eddie has done his homework and there's something there that doesn't sit with him.  Fine.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season