Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I would have said yes last season (albeit it would have been laughed off) but if the rumours are true, it's him that is causing issues in the dressing room with the bald fraud. 

His attitude on the pitch over recent weeks is visible he couldn't give a fuck. We don't want that character. If he's fucked off sign Baldy fine. But you still give everything for the badge 

Who knows, but he got 30 goals last season, can play across the front 3 and just turned 26. A bit of Eddie love could have him and Isak as our from 2 for the next 5-6 years 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Isn’t solanki just another Chris wood? We desperately need a new striker but surely there are better options out there?

@BobHopeandNoHope - “stander”implies you’re the kind of deranged freak who stands up to wipe your arse. There are a surprisingly large number of these filthy animals on this board. It’s a strange one as they can seem otherwise normal. 

I think he’s better than Chris Wood, see your point though, and aye there’s got to be better options, I’m not sure about this Ekitike link again though, need a striker in soon as we can get one in so I’ll just put me faith in Eddie and the Club. 😂 in the wiping of the arse topic …yes I am a sitter. Got there eventually….being new, is there a badge for being a sitter? 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Who knows, but he got 30 goals last season, can play across the front 3 and just turned 26. A bit of Eddie love could have him and Isak as our from 2 for the next 5-6 years 

TBF looked at the attitude Gordon had at Everton before Eddie love

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He’s out of our budget range re: wages though, surely. Don’t think he’d come anyway. But I agree there’s still a very exciting player in there. 

• Like 2

I do wonder what the wriggle room for spending in January is. I get the sense that Howe and Ashworth won’t panic too much as players will return but I think a Tonali replacement has to be a priority regardless so I wonder if we’ll jump on a few players earmarked for the summer and accelerate them. I wouldn’t be against a couple of established Premier League players coming in who can do a job tbqpfh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I do wonder what the wriggle room for spending in January is. I get the sense that Howe and Ashworth won’t panic too much as players will return but I think a Tonali replacement has to be a priority regardless so I wonder if we’ll jump on a few players earmarked for the summer and accelerate them. I wouldn’t be against a couple of established Premier League players coming in who can do a job tbqpfh.

We have Bruno, Joe, Willock, Longstaff, Anderson and Miley as cover for Tonali.

Id argue a CF, RW and GK are the bigger priority. Possibly a decent 3rd choice CB too

We’re only a Bruno injury away from being properly fucked. We need a modern number six - a technical holding player who can receive the ball from the CBs in tight areas under pressure in other words - and a striker 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

We’re only a Bruno injury away from being properly fucked. We need a modern number six - a technical holding player who can receive the ball from the CBs in right areas u see pressure in other words - and a striker 

Hopefully Philips will come.

Just listened to Tory boy on the true faith podcast. He makes some interesting points about DM being the priority position to upgrade in January. Have we been winging it playing our playmaker there with no understudy, or ball-winning midfielder to come in and shore things up when we play away from home. 

In other words, do we all cross our fingers that the cryptic sighting of KP in Harrogate means something to someone other than Wykiki?

• Haha 2

If DM is so crucial (not saying it isn’t but it’s debatable) then Ashhurst and Howe need to have a proper think about it and probably just bring the Harrogate Hacker in just on a loan to begin with. If city want to sell Jan we should maybe go in a different direction. I think they will have a list, HH is on it but he’s not the be all and end all. 

Am going to completely knee jerk here and say top of the list is a better goalie than Dubravka. The difference Pope made when he came in is equal to the difference his absence in the last two games has been ie fuckin massive :cuppa: 

• Haha 1

I don't think goal keeper is a priority to be honest. Dubravka will be rusty and, in his defence, the defence has been indefensible.

Once we have Botman back, and a rejuvenated Trippier, plus a rested and recuperated midfield, we'll return to being one of the PL teams who allows the fewest number of shots on goal. 

DM is an interesting one. I like the idea of a Rodri-esque player, but I don't know if there's one available for a price we'd be comfortable spending in this window. I also don't know if pushing Bruno further up the pitch would be the best use of him considering the rest of our midfield. Joelinton, Longstaff, Miley, Tonali, and Willock are all variations on a theme. They're all types of a number 8. Willock and Joelinton drive with the ball, Longstaff and Tonali play deeper but neither are a true number 6. 

Play Bruno further forward with a true defensive mid behind and we wouldn't benefit from Bruno's late arrival in our attacks. He plays best about 30-40yds out, linking the midfield with the fullbacks and forwards. If he's already up there I think it's easier to defend against. 

Personally think a young striker, and a player who can play wide right is the priority. Also a centre back. 

• Like 2