Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

If we can get Maddison we will have our first genuinely exciting number 10/playmaker style attacking midfielder since…I’m struggling to think, it’s been that long. Beardsley maybe!?

I wonder if we put all our eggs in the Maddison basket then we will drop the search for a out and out winger and instead go for a forward such as Werner who can cover CF and play out wide 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

If Dubravka's going to be unhappy being number 2 then we may as well use him as a make weight. Fair play to the guy on twitter who raised this as a possibility last night. Not exactly the hardest math of course, we want Maddison, we don't want to pay over a certain amount, and Schmeichel is away to France.  

beings us back to the problem of Darlow being our second choice again though 

Looking like Werner will go to Leipzig, so I'd imagine we'll up our interest in Cornet, who of course can also play wide and centre forward, although obviously he less potential quality, and isn't as natural a centre forward as an in form Werner. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

beings us back to the problem of Darlow being our second choice again though 

Yeah but it's not as if keepers get injured all that often, so we'd cope until January at least, if it's too late to bring in a promising understudy to Pope. And again if Dubravka isn't happy playing second fiddle to Pope then there isn't much point keeping him. 

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Yeah but it's not as if keepers get injured all that often, so we'd cope until January at least, if it's too late to bring in a promising understudy to Pope. And again if Dubravka isn't happy playing second fiddle to Pope then there isn't much point keeping him. 

Game 1 of the season, just watch :lol: 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I think the kids call this lad a 'melt' or 'gammon'

Me. I just say thick cunt

Just another one of the many who need a bit of time getting used to the new order of things. As I like to say:

penguins madagascar GIF

• Haha 2

Fofana's only signed a contract recently, so Leicester have a lot more negotiating power on him. And surely even Chelsea would have to think twice about spending 80m on one player when they've already spent 85m this window on Sterling and Koulibaly. Of course it could be wishful thinking on my part, but there is a least some logic to the aforementioned. 

I've defended 90minutes before and cited their early breaking of the Ekitike saga, but I've revised that opinion to them being clickbait wind up merchants 😂 They don't mention Dubravka in the article, so perhaps they did reject the bid, but we've said alright how about we throw in Dubravka. 

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

90 min.com: 9pm

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Get him signed for an unveiling at the Forest game IMO. Would have been nice to have him to play in it. 

This fuckin chancer: 9:20pm 

as transparent as a fuckin jelly fish :lol:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Get him signed for an unveiling at the Forest game IMO. Would have been nice to have him to play in it. 

it would be a proper statement signing but so would Paqueta - and he apparently would cost a lot less

Craig Hope is also running with the Cucurella story of Chelsea beating Man City with a 50m bid. It seems highly implausible that Chelsea will pay 50 for him and then another 80m Fofana. If they do it makes a total mockery of FFP. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Does anyone else find it a bit weird how much this is playing out in public with all the detail about our second bid leaked? Doesn’t seem our style, unless Leicester are trying to flush out other bidders. 

That’s the thing though. We can be watertight but we’ve got little to no  control at the other end of the deal 

Am I right in thinking that it's a bit odd for Hope to be running stories about Chelsea trying to buy a Brighton player. I mean he is the Northern football writer for the Daily Mail. Perhaps he knows that if Chelsea get Cucurella they're unlikely to go for Fofana, thereby leaving us clear to get Maddison with them not getting the 80m for Fofana. 

Always Sunny Fx GIF

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Am I right in thinking that it's a bit odd for Hope to be running stories about Chelsea trying to buy a Brighton player. I mean he is the Northern football writer for the Daily Mail. Perhaps he knows that if Chelsea get Cucurella they're unlikely to go for Fofana, thereby leaving us clear to get Maddison with them not getting the 80m for Fofana. 

Always Sunny Fx GIF

tenor.gif?c=VjFfbWljcm9zb2Z0X3N3aWZ0a2V5

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

I've defended 90minutes before and cited their early breaking of the Ekitike saga, but I've revised that opinion to them being clickbait wind up merchants 😂 They don't mention Dubravka in the article, so perhaps they did reject the bid, but we've said alright how about we throw in Dubravka. 

You keep mentioning Dubravka like he's our second keeper - I'm not so sure, he's probably better than Pope ?

I think you're right or they're close enough that it makes no difference. Other than that if we're going to be pushing Europe, and we're talking about two like for like keepers, it's always better to have the English one.

1 hour ago, scoobos said:

You keep mentioning Dubravka like he's our second keeper - I'm not so sure, he's probably better than Pope ?

Dubravka hasn't been the same since returning from injury IMO. I'd have the level pegging only because I've obviously seen not as much from Pope. Distribution and composure will be the most important factors for who prevails. In that order.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season