Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Screenshot_20220809-141558.thumb.png.16c84d4a9ebb9c6935ca0176d75b27cc.png

18 minutes ago, Craig said:

Does anyone know anything about Bamba Dieng? A quick snoop on Wikipedia suggests he's scored 9 goals in 46 games (1 in 5). Hardly earth shattering for a striker.  Wilson by contrast has scored 20 goals in 40 games for us.

Not really a striker, more a wide forward. Only had 12 90mins. Really raw, but bags of potential. Him+ Paqueta would be improvements on Almiron and Willock/Longstaff. Or different options at the very least. 

Edited by The Fish

Hey I wasn't knocking him, I just genuinely know nothing about him and asked if anyone else did given the headline stats weren't that great. 

I knew Dave would come armed with a chart, like :lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If he can play wide right I'd take that solution, sounds perfect.

When he played wide last season it was mostly from the left (11) than the right (2). He's right footed so it all depends on how much his game relies on playing as an inverted winger when he isn't playing as a centre forward. 

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

Hey I wasn't knocking him, I just genuinely know nothing about him and asked if anyone else did given the headline stats weren't that great. 

I knew Dave would come armed with a chart, like :lol:

and polarboy with what jeeves told him.

:)

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

90mins were also all over the Ekitike saga from start to finish from January onwards. Perhaps whatever legit contacts they do have, have decent intel about Ligue 1, which of course is where Dieng and Paqueta ply their trade. Of course this is me more trying to convince myself than actually being all that confident. With Shelvey out now, Gallagher, Dieng and Paqueta could be a very decent end to the window. Of course Gallagher is unlikely to want to come if we can't guarantee him that he would be an important part of the team. So I can't see him and Paqueta happening unless we restructured the team to accommodate both, which is unlikely. If our move for Paqueta is legit, then the Gallagher stuff was very likely pure paper talk.  

image.gif.173c04a2de2376ebe9ed960da1a315bb.gif

• Haha 2

Juventus focus on Depay as Newcastle close on Muriel - Football Italia (football-italia.net) 

No idea how reliable La Gazzetta dello Sport are, but if the whole Botman saga is anything to go by then they're little more than propaganda for Italian clubs when teams from outside Italy are involved. Dieng would make more sense given Muriel is 31 and Dieng is 22. 

Edited by Polarboy

57 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Juventus focus on Depay as Newcastle close on Muriel - Football Italia (football-italia.net) 

No idea how reliable La Gazzetta dello Sport are, but if the whole Botman saga is anything to go by then they're little more than propaganda for Italian clubs when teams from outside Italy are involved. Dieng would make more sense given Muriel is 31 and Dieng is 22. 

It’s a daily newspaper dedicated to sport and about 3/4 of it is football-related. So lots and lots of speculation, especially at this time of year. 

• Like 1

Surprised we didnt push more for Werner with the reported $17M fee Leipzig have agreed. Not sure if that's due to Howe not rating him or the player just being comfortable going back to a place where he knows it will work out. 

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

To do what? They had Philips, Mahrez and Silva on the bench last game.

replacement for silva who could be on his way to Barca 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I don't believe anything these days. Nothing.

My son said he liked the song we had on in the car this morning, but there was something in his voice that made me think "This kid is a fucking liar"

"I don't believe anything these days. Nothing. Take kids, eh? Lovely little things aren't they? My son said he liked the song we had on in the car this morning, but there was something in his voice that made me think 'This kid is a fucking liar'. Still love 'em to bits the little sods! Has anyone tried the English tapas behind the bar? Three for a tenner and each meal comes with a paper napkin with the XG charts for this season's Premier League teams. Look away now, Man United fans!"

909770177_maxresdefault(1).thumb.jpg.3af3b1233308866847d17db1af594b3e.jpg

• Haha 10

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

replacement for silva who could be on his way to Barca 

Highly doubtful currently with them already struggling to register the players they've got. But yeah that would be the only scenario, if Silva end up leaving somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Paqueta or Maddison? If you could choose one for us to sign this window 

You would think Maddison at first given his record in this league. But if Paqueta has Bruno-esque qualities about him (dunno if he does) and comes in $20M cheaper than Maddison it looks like a great deal. Would be delighted either way. More concerned about the winger and striker situation.

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Highly doubtful currently with them already struggling to register the players they've got. But yeah that would be the only scenario, if Silva end up leaving somewhere.

You would think Maddison at first given his record in this league. But if Paqueta has Bruno-esque qualities about him (dunno if he does) and comes in $20M cheaper than Maddison it looks like a great deal. Would be delighted either way. More concerned about the winger and striker situation.

I’m just going on Twitter gossip so could be total bollocks 

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I can put on Twitter that Silva definitely isn’t leaving city if that would make you feel better? It would be just as well sourced as the other shit.

why not? Something to do innit 

• Haha 2

No clue about le10sport but they seem to be using 90mins as a source so could be more shite

Despite these recent remarks, a suitor would be ready to return to the charge for Lucas Paqueta. According to 90min information, Newcastle is preparing a new offer for Lucas Paqueta. The Magpies were already interested in January, but had refused to pay the minimum €59 million requested by OL at the time. However, this summer, the Lyon club would agree to let its player go for about €39 million, plus bonuses. A sum that would perfectly suit the Magpies. In addition, the player could find his great friend Bruno Guimaraes. The media adds, however, that Newcastle would be wary of Arsenal on this issue. OL, for its part, would already prepare Lucas Paqueta's succession, since they would think of recruiting Flamengo's midfielder Victor Hugo.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season