Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

17 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Hold up, Bruno would still have to agree and want to go. Real, yeah we know that’s a definite, Citeh would be a maybe, he’d not be the main man like here & Pool I reckon he wouldn’t want to go too. Bruno’s a smart lad, he can see who is on the decline and who is on the up.

it’s all ifs and buts. 

From Bruno’s POV it’s probably less about the money (as he’ll be on a massive wedge now) and more about his chances of winning something. Let’s say our season continues to splutter and our chances of CL are all but gone by January while Liverpool remain just behind Man City - he could well have his head turned. It’s a short career. He’ll want to continue to play champions league and to play somewhere where he has more chance of winning something. 

FWIW, I think he’s happy here and will stay as long as we continue on this trajectory. But top players are ambitious, sought after and I wouldn’t blame if he did end up leaving if we end up outside the European places this season. This release clause just makes it harder for us to keep hold of him in that eventuality. 

Good news. Agree with the views on here regarding the release clause, it works well for everyone. And we don't know the other stipulations involved, it's probably not as simple as say Liverpool bidding a 100M and getting their man. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

there is no guarantee Tonali will cut the cheese. We are just guessing at this stage and my guess will be that he’ll be back on loan to Italian team within 3 seasons. 

:lol: Given the context, I think you mean ‘mustard’. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

If he’s agitating for a move he can fuck off tbh 

It would be weird to sign a new contract if that were the case. Probably more a case of  keeping his options in case we don’t qualify for the champions league again. It feels disloyal but elite players entering peak age want champions league football. He’ll be 27 next year. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

It would be weird to sign a new contract if that were the case. Probably more a case of  keeping his options in case we don’t qualify for the champions league again. It feels disloyal but elite players entering peak age want champions league football. He’ll be 27 next year. 

I get that and it’s pure speculation based on a tweet. But if he is, he can go forth and multiply. Especially if he’s playing like he has been lately. Agree that a lot depends on how this season goes. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think he’ll stay if we get champions league again but is preparing the ground to leave in the summer if we don’t. 

For a club he 'loves' if we don't make CL he should be staying if not and he's itching for a move like Alex says. Gtfo

• Haha 2

I hope my many detractors on this esteemed forum can now see what I mean about badge kissers?… 

Am far too old to properly give a fuck that some talented kid sets his career sights above what can logically be offered in the north east of England. If his agent is leaking a buyout clause before the ink is dry on the contract offer then we’ll likely be parting with him sooner rather than later, his over the top affectations obviously not withstanding :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

For a club he 'loves' if we don't make CL he should be staying if not and he's itching for a move like Alex says. Gtfo

A dose of realism is required.

There is very little loyalty in football anymore. If we want to retain elite level players, we need to continue to improve or they’ll jump ship.

Do you blame Bruno for protecting his own interests? I’d probably do the same if I were him. It is possible to love a club and area while also wanting to play at the highest level for the peak years of what is a very short career. 

• Like 2

I really don’t get the “oh he wants out” mindset, he’s signed a new contract, if he wanted out he didn’t need to, release causes are pretty normal these days. Am completely pissypants free about the whole thing.

• Like 1