Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I'd let him take all the players kids on to the pitch on one of those model train things with carriages and that. bruno could be the driver with a cap and a whistle to blow.

that would work I think.

Mr. Tumble doing the sign language.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

His head's up his arse, it needs removed and I hope this isn't the difference between Brian Clough/Fergie/Keegan and Eddie Howe.

Is it, or have we played 4 of last seasons best sides, with a new system and a new midfielder? 

Bruno is still performing ok. I think he's just a victim of the issues above AND a victim of the hype that surrounds him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Is it, or have we played 4 of last seasons best sides, with a new system and a new midfielder? 

Bruno is still performing ok. I think he's just a victim of the issues above AND a victim of the hype that surrounds him. 

We've had a tough start, but he's the heartbeat of this team and he's a shadow of himself. I'm sure you'll have maps and graphs contradicting this but intuition isn't measurable. I know what I've watched without the need for graphics.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

A hype he encourages. And that’s the issue. He either wants instagram likes or to make the most of his obviously immense talent. He played in fits and starts last season too (i did mention he wasn’t quite as good as he/we thought he was last season, possibly even in this thread) He definitely doesn’t  need shouting at either but Howe needs to manage him in a different way than what he’s doing at the moment because it’s just not working. His celebration(s) for his goal v Brighton last season were fuckin embarrassing too. Did I mention I fuckin hate badge kissers?….

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

We've had a tough start, but he's the heartbeat of this team and he's a shadow of himself. I'm sure you'll have maps and graphs contradicting this but intuition isn't measurable. I know what I've watched without the need for graphics.

Intuition isn't measurable, but it isn't reliable either. 

He's not playing as well as the image some people have of him, but he's not playing particularly badly. The whole team is off at the minute, and I don't know why. Maybe it's the new additions, maybe it's old players disgruntled at being pushed to the side, maybe it's introducing a new system. But what it definitely isn't, is Bruno Guimaraes kissing the badge or bringing his baby onto the field.

We're not pressing as well as we did last season, but that's across the whole team, so something's amiss there. And because we're not pressing, we're not as incisive, not as creative when we recover the ball. We look hesitant. 

Am I blaming Bruno for the teams overall malaise in the first 4 games of the season? No

Am I personally criticising him, going back to last season, for a whole host of things? Yes. 

In my opinion the latter has a baring on the former. 

It’s fine to disagree Dave, but ffs stop misrepresenting what I’m saying. Bringing your child on to the pitch screams that his mind is on other things . You can deny that if you want, but I note no one has bothered to answer the Ferguson/Wenger/Keane/Viera question. None have of them would have allowed and everyone on this board knows it. Multiple title winners. Go figure. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You can deny that if you want, but I note no one has bothered to answer the Ferguson/Wenger/Keane/Viera question.

Straying dangerously close to "When will YOU answer MY simple question?" territory here.

I wish I had the data on LM's age when he first started this. ;)

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Straying dangerously close to "When will YOU answer MY simple question?" territory here.

I wish I had the data on LM's age when he first started this. ;)

Well the truth is staring everyone in the face but there is a bunch of middle aged fanboys who can’t admit it :D 

It’s actually not that massive a thing (largely agree with what Dave is saying about the team) but often on here you get the biggest pushback when you go against what the accepted orthodoxy is. Maybe because I’m a ranter and a raver I didn’t put it very well but Alex summed it up perfectly. It is a thing. He needs to concentrate on football. Hes also a massive fuckin badge kisser, cannot stand those cunts, not sure if I’ve mentioned that? 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Am I blaming Bruno for the teams overall malaise in the first 4 games of the season? No

Am I personally criticising him, going back to last season, for a whole host of things? Yes. 

In my opinion the latter has a baring on the former. 

It’s fine to disagree Dave, but ffs stop misrepresenting what I’m saying. Bringing your child on to the pitch screams that his mind is on other things . You can deny that if you want, but I note no one has bothered to answer the Ferguson/Wenger/Keane/Viera question. None have of them would have allowed and everyone on this board knows it. Multiple title winners. Go figure. 

I note you've chosen managers from times gone by, but would Guardiola, Klopp permit it? maybe, yeah. Also mutliple title winners for what it's worth. 

He's not as good as he was last season, but nobody is. I don't think he deserves to be singled out for criticism. I don't think his performances have been particularly bad, and maybe his mind is on his kid, but the problems at Newcastle this season aren't because he's out of sorts. I also don't think him being out of sorts is significantly down to the child, or instagram or anything like that. I honestly believe it's more to do with the system and his teammates.

• Like 1