Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

as long as you haven't got your tongue up dave's newly bleached hoop again

I'm expecting a knock on the door early next week from an abashed Ewerk. I'm going to eat nothing but Taco Bell until then.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

So what does signing a new contract do for FFP? 

If he was on say 150k a week and had a 5 year contract and now he's signed a 200k a week on a 5 year contract do they use the new contract? 

The unamortized amount of his transfer fee is then amortized over the life of the new contract, so it would reduce the impact his original transfer fee has each year. But yeah as you mention the wages part of his impact would increase. 

So if a player cost £50m and had a 5 year deal he’d be £10m a year, if they signed a new deal after year 3 for 4 years the £20m unamortized amount would now have a £5m a year impact. It’s why Chelsea randomly added a one year extension to Enzo Fernandez’s contract shortly after he’d signed an 8 year deal. 

• Like 1

Anyone buy into the rumors that his contract negotiations have included guarantees about his starting position? 6 vs 8 etc. 

We don't seem to be the kind of setup that takes such dictation from players, and it seems strange anyway. Can't have players/agents determine starting lineups positions and tactics. Not unless you're Mbappe at PSG and your ego is even more inflated than your talent.

I'm guessing in Bruno's case it might have been discussions rather than assurances or guarantees, although in the context of a contract extension you can imagine why the lines could get blurred. 

Aye I doubt it’s necessarily that he won’t play there, it’ll more likely be assurances that we will go and sign an actual holding midfielder so this truly is a temporary position for him and not the long term plan. 

• Like 2

I hope that's the case. A true blue DM would be a game changer for us. Bruno and Tonali could play further forward, we could play with two ball progressing fullbacks instead of just Trippier. All this would mean our high intensity pressing could happen up the pitch and we could cause the kind of chaos that undid so many teams last season; Spurs, Brentford, West Ham etc. 

• Like 3

I suspect if we don’t win v Brentford then Tonali will get dropped and Eddie will revert to players that got the job done last season.

The eleven best players dont always make the best team. Eg The invincibles needed some extra grit and legs in their midfield.  Longstaff is our Ray Parlour. 

18 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I suspect if we don’t win v Brentford then Tonali will get dropped and Eddie will revert to players that got the job done last season.

The eleven best players dont always make the best team. Eg The invincibles needed some extra grit and legs in their midfield.  Longstaff is our Ray Parlour. 

the international fixtures plus the milan game next wednesday give eddie the perfect chance to rotate for brentford. he may also want to play the players who have been training with him all week. i wouldn't be surprised if he rests tonali, joelinton, isak etc for milan and brings in the likes of anderson, longstaff and wilson - maybe lewis hall too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

the international fixtures plus the milan game next wednesday give eddie the perfect chance to rotate for brentford. he may also want to play the players who have been training with him all week. i wouldn't be surprised if he rests tonali, joelinton, isak etc for milan and brings in the likes of anderson, longstaff and wilson - maybe lewis hall too 

Milan game is next Tuesday.  I know this because I will be on a fucking bastard plane at the time. 

2 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Milan game is next Tuesday.  I know this because I will be on a fucking bastard plane at the time. 

That terrible bastard plane to the Sin City?  Full of women, booze, nightclubs, gambling, show girls, fine dining, strip clubs, pool parties, nice weather and fantastic shows?  That one ? 

Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Vegas is fucking class. Plus you’ll arrive on a high when you see we managed to beat Milan away. If we lose you can take your frustrations  out on sin city so win/win

• 2 weeks later...