2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Dunno where they're getting their date from, but I have us 4th for xG against per 90. (1.02)

Also, if you ignore penalties, Liverpool drop to 5th for xG. Behind Everton.

If games were played on the spreadsheet, we'd be 2nd, behind Man City

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Toonpack said:

He still writes great pieces:

https://payaso-de-mierda.blogspot.com/2023/10/geordie-internationalists.html

And interesting snippet about the anti Saudi protestor gadgy.

I dunno if it's great. Some weird phrase choices like "Flekken in the Brentford goal is the football equivalent of a social hand grenade, liable to explode at any second." 

Why a social hand grenade? Why not just a hand grenade? A social hand grenade refers to someone who's likely to say something, do something that will immediately destroy any social situation. It doesn't need that extra layer. Also, he rightly criticises the mackems for saying the lad who got stabbed in Milan deserved it, then hopes for someone with a chainsaw to go after the bloke behind No Saudi Toon.

He's got a broad vocabulary and sometimes he uses it well, but that piece was rambling and had an underlying tone of anger and bitterness. 

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

...that piece was rambling and had an underlying tone of anger and bitterness. 

So you enjoyed it? 4/5 shiny stars and don't forget click the follow button below!

Edited by sammynb

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Are we supposed to know who this is then? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posts as Gene Clark, very occasionally. Real name is Ian Cusack.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Posts as Gene Clark, very occasionally. Real name is Ian Cusack.

Just read their post on Carol Bayer Sager and there is no fucking way that is Gene Clark. For all his faults, he had decent music taste.

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

Just read their post on Carol Bayer Sager and there is no fucking way that is Gene Clark. For all his faults, he had decent music taste.

Actually I take that back after reading the rest of his next post it is auld Gene Clark. God, he like some decent stuff but he also liked a lot of shite.

35 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I dunno if it's great. Some weird phrase choices like "Flekken in the Brentford goal is the football equivalent of a social hand grenade, liable to explode at any second." 

Why a social hand grenade? Why not just a hand grenade? A social hand grenade refers to someone who's likely to say something, do something that will immediately destroy any social situation. It doesn't need that extra layer. Also, he rightly criticises the mackems for saying the lad who got stabbed in Milan deserved it, then hopes for someone with a chainsaw to go after the bloke behind No Saudi Toon.

He's got a broad vocabulary and sometimes he uses it well, but that piece was rambling and had an underlying tone of anger and bitterness. 

Thank you for your review, Barry fucking Norman

13 hours ago, Toonpack said:

He still writes great pieces:

https://payaso-de-mierda.blogspot.com/2023/10/geordie-internationalists.html

And interesting snippet about the anti Saudi protestor gadgy.

I remember his feuds as britney jaznicova (sp?) as being the stuff of legend.

happy to take on the entire population of middlesborough too, well at least those who frequented fmttm!  :lol: 

I find his writing style to be very pretentious at times but he often gets things spot on in terms of the angle he takes. He’s spot on about the hypocrisy and overt racism re: the Saudis for example. I’ve occasionally read his blog in the past but it’s a bit uncomfortable sometimes to say the least. He loves a deeply entrenched personal grudge as well :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I find his writing style to be very pretentious at times but he often gets things spot on in terms of the angle he takes. He’s spot on about the hypocrisy and overt racism re: the Saudis though. I’ve occasionally read his blog in the past but it’s a bit uncomfortable sometimes to say the least. He loves a deeply entrenched personal grudge as well :lol: 

went from being a contributor on truefaith to all out war within a blink of an eye!

• Haha 1

I knew Ian through my brother- we’d often see him upstairs in the Trent before (and after) games. 
We enjoyed some very lively discussions :lol:

He’s a really nice bloke tbh, I’ve bumped in to him several times recently in the Ouseburn whilst aleing. 

• Like 3