2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

2 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Kuol showing Eddie he needs another season on loan.

Elliot Anderson looked a cut above on loan. Kuol rarely got off the bench last season. Not his fault, I just don't think he's good enough 

1 minute ago, trophyshy said:

I don’t have a proper job btw. 

I have a proper job, just lacking a proper work ethic.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I hope Minteh turns out decent, because our youth team/reserve buys have been shite under Ashworth.

I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but Liverpool and City seem to have an endless stream of cracking youth players coming through. 

He will be shite :cuppa:

Kuol seems very raw. He looks like he doesn't know where he's meant to be half the time. He's clearly lacking confidence from two pretty bad loan spells. But there are signs of talent from what he's shown in the past (mostly prior to signing with us). Definitely seems like a lower league footballer at best though on current evidence. The next 12 months for him are make or break, I guess. 

• Like 1

Why is it just showing the pitch at half time? Surely we should have Sela paying Superbowl rates for this exclusive advertising time?

I was expecting some epic battle between the Avengers and some giant Aussie creepy crawlies. Disappointed doesn't cover it.

i'm struggling to see what the point of this game has been - why fly to the other side of the world to put out a youth team to be humiliated by some aussie pros? 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i'm struggling to see what the point of this game has been - why fly to the other side of the world to put out a youth team to be humiliated by some aussie pros? 

Three million of the king's pounds.

• Like 3

This is about setting the benchmark. We'll be back next year with a new crop of youngsters to see if we can only lose 6-0.

It's an objective measure of our progress at youth level. If you can think of a better one, contact the club. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

:quotes:Publicity:quotes:

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

So Howe can justify binning off this batch of youngins because they got bummed by a bunch of Aussie binmen and sparkies.

• Haha 1