2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Our youngins got spanked off the aussies but would still put 12 past San Marino if Howe was managing them through a match :lol:

Edited by Dazzler
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I hope this wasn't billed as an NUFC first XI. I would be pissed off of I'd paid for a ticket and turned up to watch our reserves get spanked 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

I hope this wasn't billed as an NUFC starting XI. I would be pissed off of I'd paid for a ticket and turned up to watch our reserves get spanked 

wasn’t even the reserves tbh 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm struggling to see what the point of this game has been - why fly to the other side of the world to put out a youth team to be humiliated by some aussie pros? 

It was frankly a joke, however that didn't stop the Newcastle active supporter area from bringing awesome atmosphere to the stadium throughout and standing all game to watch some kids who were frankly terrible in defense get absolutely flogged.

Trippier and Hall were kitted up and pinging passes between each other before the game and throughout half time. I foolishly thought that Howe would bring them on at some point along with Anderson. The somewhat embarrased acknowledgement of the crowd after being unceremoniously belted was behind the onfield advertising hoardings. Hall gave his shirt to someone near the tunnel and they all disappeared down it.

It was thankfully all salvaged when Callum Wilson, Nick Pope, Dan Burn, Jacob Murphy, Harvey Barnes, Paul Dummett and the Mackem Slayer came out and spent some time signing autographs and taking selfies. They also threw some unused shirts from the game into the crowd. My boys caught Big Dan Burns shirt. They both got all of their signatures (minus Dummett) plus some selfies with Jacob, Nick and Shola. They were absolutely stoked about it all (so was I to be fair).

• Like 10

1 minute ago, OTF said:

It was frankly a joke, however that didn't stop the Newcastle active supporter area from bringing awesome atmosphere to the stadium throughout and standing all game to watch some kids who were frankly terrible in defense get absolutely flogged.

Trippier and Hall were kitted up and pinging passes between each other before the game and throughout half time. I foolishly thought that Howe would bring them on at some point along with Anderson. The somewhat embarrased acknowledgement of the crowd after being unceremoniously belted was behind the onfield advertising hoardings. Hall gave his shirt to someone near the tunnel and they all disappeared down it.

It was thankfully all salvaged when Callum Wilson, Nick Pope, Dan Burn, Jacob Murphy, Harvey Barnes, Paul Dummett and the Mackem Slayer came out and spent some time signing autographs and taking selfies. They also threw some unused shirts from the game into the crowd. My boys caught Big Dan Burns shirt. They both got all of their signatures (minus Dummett) plus some selfies with Jacob, Nick and Shola. They were absolutely stoked about it all (so was I to be fair).

summer world GIF

• Haha 8

That's mint, class that the kids got something to keep from the day too. 

Harsh of your sons to refuse Dummett's autograph, but actions have consequences and that penalty against Everton was idiotic. 

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

That's mint, class that the kids got something to keep from the day too. 

Harsh of your sons to refuse Dummett's autograph, but actions have consequences and that penalty against Everton was idiotic. 

Not sure why he didn't follow the rest of the players, but I wasn't too bothered about it due to that penalty. Getting Burn's shirt was brilliant, felt sorry for a little girl whose Dad got Dummett's shirt and then forced her to wear it.

• Haha 4

Just now, OTF said:

Not sure why he didn't follow the rest of the players, but I wasn't too bothered about it due to that penalty. Getting Burn's shirt was brilliant, felt sorry for a little girl whose Dad got Dummett's shirt and then forced her to wear it.

shame-go-t.gif

That same little girl walking out with her dad. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, OTF said:

"Dad, why does this shirt have a funny smell?"

"You flaming galah, that's Lynx Africa."

"What's Lynx Africa, Daddy?"

"That's what footy players smell of when they can't be trusted to kick a footy, for fear their legs will burst into flames the minute their studs touch grass."

Edited by Dazzler
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, OTF said:

That's the tent sorted for their Walkabout.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's the tent sorted for their Walkabout.

Haha, it's not as big as you'd expect.

I also asked Callum what @wykikitoon's Mrs's favourite position is.

Striker.

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

What temp is it there?  Looks fucking frozen the poor lad.

Actually pretty mild, was probably around 14 degrees at the time. 

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

What a good film that was. :good:

Never heard of it. Looks... old.

I remember seeing it in English class at school and being very excited to see it featured a nude (and I’ve since learned underage) Jenny Agutter.