2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One of the things they measure btw is the last time the player sprinted at full speed. They know every player's top speed and they use the last sprint at top speed as a proxy for full fitness when a player is getting back from an injury. Also I think to spot when someone is not being completely honest about their fitness.

I think it proves both physical conditioning but also that the player believes they're back to full fitness.

Anyway, back to your stat mocking, you filthy rats!

After a few early misgivings I’d like to take this opportunity to convey to this esteemed forum that I am now fully on board with “the way of the stat”, all bar xG which is and will always be just counting :good: 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

After a few early misgivings I’d like to take this opportunity to convey to this esteemed forum that I am now fully on board with “the way of the stat”, all bar xG which is and will always be just counting :good: 

image.gif.6b8ff2fb067de27c62cc54628a3b07ac.gif

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One of the things they measure btw is the last time the player sprinted at full speed. They know every player's top speed and they use the last sprint at top speed as a proxy for full fitness when a player is getting back from an injury. Also I think to spot when someone is not being completely honest about their fitness.

I think it proves both physical conditioning but also that the player believes they're back to full fitness.

Anyway, back to your stat mocking, you filthy rats!

Sooooooo, you could say someone could wear some sort of first aid equipment to hide that they're a lazy cunt really and that's why they're not going to go full speed?

I knew a lad who was an academy player at Leeds when Viduka and co was there.  One pre-season training session the manager had them running and Viduka refused to and said he didn't want to do a Marc-Vivien Foe :lol: 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Tbf to Viduka, there was probably a risk. Him and Kluivert are up there for fattest headed NUFC players of all time.

There wasn’t a fucking risk when he was playing for us 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

I don't mind Winter some of the time but he loves playing the clever cunt. Definitely thinks he's a cut above other football journalists, and is absolutely obsessed with the smell of his own farts.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The boy is learning.

And yet Mainoo is the one who should get an England spot?

Good job I couldn't give a shit about the national team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Why not?

Forget about football for a minute, there are some really good ones out there, whatever you're in to.

Time really, read books mostly, choons in the car.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I don't mind Winter some of the time but he loves playing the clever cunt. Definitely thinks he's a cut above other football journalists, and is absolutely obsessed with the smell of his own farts.

He has a bit of time for our club and its fans. Which makes a nice change. But it’s still usually birth right, cathedral on the hill and other patronising stuff like that. 

If it’s true that there’s more of an ideological issue between Howe, Nickson et al and Ashworth, then it’s absolutely right to let him go and hopefully get some serious wedge for him in the process. Everything to do with footballing matters should be around giving Eddie Howe every possible advantage to succeed as he’s still the man to take us onward IMO. If shifting to a turbo-charged version of moneyball sees us separate the very best of the best from the top tier of European player, then that has to be the way to go. That’s not to say I think Howe should be choosing his own DOF but it should be someone with who he’s closely aligned in most principles

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sonatine said:

He makes some decent points but he can’t write an article that doesn’t ooze with self satisfied smugness 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah… hes a fuckin ponce :cuppa:

I mean I’d love to know what’s so bad about the club affiliating itself with the women’s team, spending a bit of money on it and allowing the players to go full time as a result. And why he feels the need to denigrate their opponents as though they don’t need to climb through the pyramid structure like everyone else. I’m sure it was fucking brilliant when Putin’s puppet was doing that at Chelsea though. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

I mean I’d love to know what’s so bad about the club affiliating itself with the women’s team, spending a bit of money on it and allowing the players to go full time as a result. And why he feels the need to denigrate their opponents as though they don’t need to climb through the pyramid structure like everyone else. I’m sure it was fucking brilliant when Putin’s puppet was doing that at Chelsea though. 

I once made a similar point to Delaney. He replied tbf to him saying that all Fleet Street journos were told not to print anything derogatory about Abramovich because corporate media were shit scared about the threat of legal proceedings against both them and the individual journos :cuppa:

• Like 2