2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Aye I agree that Ashworth has jumped with both feet here, no doubt he got a lot of bluster from Ratcliffe about how much they value him and they’ll pay whatever so don’t worry. Then when they finally decided to actually approach NUFC they’ve met with a hard line, no doubt still annoyed at everything Man U have done to us since takeover (Lingard debacle, pushing for new rules specifically targeting us, etc). He’s a spoiled brat tbh, used to getting exactly what he wants and has been told no so he’s went and threw his toys out the pram. 

The positive for us here is we’ve got rid of someone that clearly wasn’t very committed, which is why Howe was visibly annoyed in that presser imo. 

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye I agree that Ashworth has jumped with both feet here, no doubt he got a lot of bluster from Ratcliffe about how much they value him and they’ll pay whatever so don’t worry. Then when they finally decided to actually approach NUFC they’ve met with a hard line, no doubt still annoyed at everything Man U have done to us since takeover (Lingard debacle, pushing for new rules specifically targeting us, etc). He’s a spoiled brat tbh, used to getting exactly what he wants and has been told no so he’s went and threw his toys out the pram. 

The positive for us here is we’ve got rid of someone that clearly wasn’t very committed, which is why Howe was visibly annoyed in that presser imo. 

I appreciate I'm biased as fuck, but I'd much rather having a guiding hand in propelling a potential giant from relative mediocrity, to an existing behemoth that just needs a tweak here and there. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I appreciate I'm biased as fuck, but I'd much rather having a guiding hand in propelling a potential giant from relative mediocrity, to an existing behemoth that just needs a tweak here and there. 

I’d imagine the big, fat pay rise trumps any of that though.

• Like 3

I suppose someone paying several billion to buy 25% of a football club and taking the Glazers at their word knows all about silly numbers. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

He's a special type of scrufy billionaire Cayman Island-Monaco based UK loving proud gentleman that will restore heritage and fine history to the institution that is Manchester United. Ho hum..

He owns a football club in Lausanne Switzerland called, FC Lausanne - he took them over in 2017. Stade de la Tuilière started construction in 2017, funded by the state of Lausanne. He's also at Nice, who have a nice(no pun)new stadium off the back of 2014 Euros.

This prick is going to make us all pay for a new Old Trafford.

Sad reality upon 2024, but bring back the days of Roman Abrahmovic and Man City's Seihk.

Edited by Nefilim

His "that doesn't make any sense to anybody" about Ashworth being on gardening leave. It makes perfect sense for the club for which he has all of our transfer planning/Joelinton's contract details in his head, arse wipe.

He's so quietly obsessed with himself. I hope he's very quickly at loggerheads with the Glazers and it all goes tits up.

• Like 7

The attitude of the man absolutely stinks. When we were trying to get Ashworth from Brighton I don't recall Staveley speaking publicly about it. Regardless of whether he's on gardening leave or not he's still a Newcastle United employee and here this prick is talking about him in an interview with the national broadcaster. If this goes to court as the tax dodger thinks the leave clause is illegal then he's really not doing himself any favours here by tapping him up on national TV.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nefilim said:

He's a special type of scrufy billionaire Cayman Island-Monaco based UK loving proud gentleman that will restore heritage and fine history to the institution that is Manchester United. Ho hum..

He owns a football club in Lausanne Switzerland called, FC Lausanne - he took them over in 2017. Stade de la Tuilière started construction in 2017, funded by the state of Lausanne. He's also at Nice, who have a nice(no pun)new stadium off the back of 2014 Euros.

This prick is going to make us all pay for a new Old Trafford.

Sad reality upon 2024, but bring back the days of Roman Abrahmovic and Man City's Seihk.

Pennywise The Clown Halloween GIF by 60 Second Docs

Howe "repeatedly made reference to how longevity is key for a Sporting Director" at this morning's press conference. :lol:

Safe to say he thinks Ashworth is a cunt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Howe "repeatedly made reference to how longevity is key for a Sporting Director" at this morning's press conference. :lol:

Safe to say he thinks Ashworth is a cunt.

The more I hear about his career and the way he’s tried to force a move the less arsed I am about him leaving. I’m not saying he’s shit at his job or anything but he comes across as a right sly cunt and I’m not exactly sure what he’s done in the past to justify the hype. And I don’t care what walk of life it is, when you’re able to pursue who you like, as opposed to a fair and open approach, ie like Brailsford has the freedom at Man Utd. There’s a tendency to appoint people you know and like. Rather than purely because they’re the best 

• Like 6

Aye, I doubt they've even entered into a process at Man United to identify the best person for the role given the specific set of circumstances at Man United. He's getting the job cos Brailsford knows him first and foremost.

I hope it all goes to shit, not cos of Ashworth but because I hate Man United and Ratcliffe seems like a complete arsehole.

• Like 5