2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Guess who’ve I just seen jogging / looking like he was about to collapse in Palmersville 

• Haha 2

Just now, Alex said:

Guess who’ve I just seen jogging / looking like he was about to collapse in Palmersville 

Angus Deayton?

Debbie McGee?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Angus Deayton?

Debbie McGee?

Luke ‘Pinot Grigio’ Edwards 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Luke ‘Pinot Grigio’ Edwards 

Did he have a rotisserie chicken dangling from a headband? Y'know to encourage him to run?

• Haha 10

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Did he have a rotisserie chicken dangling from a headband? Y'know to encourage him to run?

Not on this occasion. I don’t know if you recall but I last saw him before Xmas after he’d just smashed a bottle of Pinot Grigio in Palmersville Aldi. After the handle of his carrier bag snapped with hilarious consequences. I’m 95% certain it was him on both occasions as I heard him speak both times too. This time gasping ‘thanks’ after I let him pass the other way. I’ve actually warmed to him a bit recently. He always seemed ok, then lost the plot big style during covid / seemed determined to wind fans up over the takeover not happening. Even then he was alright when he wasn’t talking about NUFC. He’s spot on re: Howe doing an amazing job under the circumstances too (see previous page) 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Not on this occasion. I don’t know if you recall but I last saw him before Xmas after he’d just smashed a bottle of Pinot Grigio in Palmersville Aldi. After the handle of his carrier bag snapped with hilarious consequences. I’m 95% certain it was him on both occasions as I heard him speak both times too. This time gasping ‘thanks’ after I let him pass the other way. I’ve actually warmed to him a bit recently. He always seemed ok, then lost the plot big style during covid / seemed determined to wind fans up over the takeover not happening. Even then he was alright when he wasn’t talking about NUFC. He’s spot on re: Howe doing an amazing job under the circumstances too (see previous page) 

I saw him in Inflataspace shouting weird shit at the 2p 'Tipping Point' machine.

"RAPID FLOW RAPID FLOW!!!"

2 hours ago, Alex said:

you're a more tolerant man than me.

fought his way through multiple layers and folds of arse fat before finally reaching bruce's hoop. then stuck his tongue as far up it as he possibly could. 

never forgive, never forget. fuck him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

fought his way through multiple layers and folds of arse fat before finally reaching bruce's hoop. then stuck his tongue as far up it as he possibly could. 

Nothing wrong with having a healthy sex drive. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

never forgive, never forget. fuck him.

Forgot about the Bruce love in. Feels like a lifetime ago. Fortunately 

The defence of Bruce aside, I think he's all right. Got a personality trait where he'll act the cunt just for the fun of it, and who here hasn't done that?

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Vintage Smoking GIF by Brabant in Beelden

What’s the difference between “post shot xG ” and  “xG” Dave?…. Isn’t that the same thing? 🤷🏻‍♂️ :lol: @The Fish

xG - how good the chance was. If you took a shot from that chance 100 times, how likely is it that it would end up a goal. E.g. a penalty is scored 70/100 and so has an xG value of 0.7

Post shot xG - how good the shot was. If you took that shot 100 times, how likely is it that it would end up a goal. E.g. put the ball into the top corner farthest from the keeper , high PSxG. Dribble a shot straight down the keepers throat, low PSxG. 

So say a keeper keeps loads of clean sheets. You do a little digging and see that he faces a low xG because his team doesn't give up a lot of good quality chances, but the shots he lets in are low in quality, low PSxG. Turns out despite all those clean sheets, he's not a keeper you want. 

Ideally you want a keeper that makes saves despite facing high value shots. So you want a larger positive difference between PSxG and goals allowed. 

Screenshot_20240409-223620.thumb.png.f8cc55c6a4bd0e765fca187f0ff1f763.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

xG - how good the chance was. If you took a shot from that chance 100 times, how likely is it that it would end up a goal. E.g. a penalty is scored 70/100 and so has an xG value of 0.7

Post shot xG - how good the shot was. If you took that shot 100 times, how likely is it that it would end up a goal. E.g. put the ball into the top corner farthest from the keeper , high PSxG. Dribble a shot straight down the keepers throat, low PSxG. 

So say a keeper keeps loads of clean sheets. You do a little digging and see that he faces a low xG because his team doesn't give up a lot of good quality chances, but the shots he lets in are low in quality, low PSxG. Turns out despite all those clean sheets, he's not a keeper you want. 

Ideally you want a keeper that makes saves despite facing high value shots. So you want a larger positive difference between PSxG and goals allowed. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e2c50574cdde60c44d80bf944057b8ec.jpeg

• Haha 13

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

The defence of Bruce aside, I think he's all right. Got a personality trait where he'll act the cunt just for the fun of it, and who here hasn't done that?

Shocked How Dare You GIF by BritBoxUK

7 hours ago, The Fish said:

You Are So Smart Kristen Schaal GIF by The Last Man On Earth

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, The Fish said:

His patter regarding the takeover was pretty insulting against the fans and other people as well. Especially his sly and misogynistic digs against Staveley while promoting the bid of an American fraudster.

He has totally changed his tune about Howe as well who he considered to be not very good when fans wanted him to replace the dinosaurus baconensis.

Edwards can come up with decent stories, especially recently, bit very often he is just full of himself.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

His patter regarding the takeover was pretty insulting against the fans and other people as well. Especially his sly and misogynistic digs against Staveley while promoting the bid of an American fraudster.

He has totally changed his tune about Howe as well who he considered to be not very good when fans wanted him to replace the dinosaurus baconensis.

Edwards can come up with decent stories, especially recently, bit very often he is just full of himself.

back in his days writing for the newcastle journal he was a massive apologist for sicknote 80kliks dyer, who when not on the treatment table was busy being a whopping thindercunt who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

(for Alex  ;) )

• Like 1

One of his problems is he’s still the journalist he was at the journal. I.e. very sympathetic to whoever happens to be spoon feeding him info from within the club. I suspect he was matey with Dyer, he definitely was with Bruce and you’ve seen it more recently with him putting out the party line re: transfer budgets. Obviously gets him some exclusives but doesn’t do a lot for the credibility of someone writing for a national broadsheet 

• Like 3