Howe's that for a bunch of Cripples v Here's our Graham with a Quick Reminder what a bunch of Shits We are

wykikitoon

Having been going back and forth a bit in the guardian comment sections and Liverpool fans on there are fucking furious with us :lol: There is some relief, some celebration, but more than anything there is rage and fear. 

Man I'm going to make sure I squeeze every last drop of enjoyment out of it as we eventually start turning over these dynasty clubs on our way upwards. The rage, the vitriol, the cries of indignation. Maybe I'm a bad person but I am going to absolutely love it.

• Like 2

Torrid day at work so missed last portions of the game but utterly proud of this team. Their equalizer was a real kick in the guts but as others have said we should look at the broader picture here. We firmly rattled them. With our best players missing.

I've been saying that Klopp is a right asshole. Well, ok maybe said it just once after their Fulham game, but there's very little of the class and likeability left from his earlier days. 

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Having been going back and forth a bit in the guardian comment sections and Liverpool fans on there are fucking furious with us :lol: There is some relief, some celebration, but more than anything there is rage and fear. 

Man I'm going to make sure I squeeze every last drop of enjoyment out of it as we eventually start turning over these dynasty clubs on our way upwards. The rage, the vitriol, the cries of indignation. Maybe I'm a bad person but I am going to absolutely love it.

We're silly lucky to be in the position we are, the potential to topple the so called elite. It's just so hard to push past the barriers that protect the big4 or big 6 whatever it is these days. Almost unthinkable for 99% of clubs, at most you can expect to have a good year or two as Leceister have and even that is a one in a thousand chance. 

We're months of from a relegation battle, and have already eriously rattled the big boys. You can almost feel the shock and indignation, whether is the media or opposition managers. Drink it all in. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The scouse vitriol in the Guardian comments is delicious because we all know it is actually borne out of fear.

They’ve had it good for so long and yet they still whined about how bad things were/are. CL wins, Europa league, even winning the PL and the scouse still think they are hard done by.

A little success, a glimmer of hope for a club that has been starved of anything for near on 75 years in cups and 100 years in the league - and it’s all sportswashing or “sweet justice” scoring a winner with the last kick of the magical extra time!

Fuck’em all. We just need close the shutters to the comments and enjoy the ride.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

The scouse vitriol in the Guardian comments is delicious because we all know it is actually borne out of fear.

They’ve had it good for so long and yet they still whined about how bad things were/are. CL wins, Europa league, even winning the PL and the scouse still think they are hard done by.

A little success, a glimmer of hope for a club that has been starved of anything for near on 75 years in cups and 100 years in the league - and it’s all sportswashing or “sweet justice” scoring a winner with the last kick of the magical extra time!

Fuck’em all. We just need close the shutters to the comments and enjoy the ride.

I mean that's the thing though, as much as those comments might have hurt in the past, they're entirely impotent now. We will, eventually, properly take Liverpool apart. We may not do it every time, we may not do it at Anfield (although I think we will). But we will, possibly even this season, properly do them over. It's coming. They know it, we know it, there is only one way this goes from here. They will have to acknowledge us eventually, even if they do so though gritted teeth and lamentations of faux concern about Saudi Arabia.

It's going to hurt them a lot more than their bitching now can hurt us. Same for Klopp too, the bellend. He's going to have to choke on it too.

• Like 2

Loads to be happy about man. I thought we would get beat even at full strength. We were some way off full strength and we came within 2 additional minutes of a draw where for most of the game we looked pretty comfortable. Early days but Isak looks like he will adjust to the league no bother and he's already got the first goal monkey off his back. We were a couple of better subs away from a result at Anfield last night. 

And it's transfer deadline day and we'll be doing everything we can to strengthen further. 

Let Liverpool enjoy their win. They're on a downward trajectory and we're on the up. Klopp knows it and he'll be away eventually which will only accelerate their decline. I look forward to Howe turning them down to stay at NUFC. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The thing that irks me more, is that it was almost the 99th fucking minute.  If it had been in the 93rd minute, then it still would have hurt, but not like this.

Klopp apparently saying it was a superb atmosphere last night.  Most of the Surrey living cunts were quiet for most of the game the Hay loving cunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Am sure that will happen at some point :D 

Tbh I’ve been less gutted at cup finals…am going to make a distinction here, in the first half we didn’t play them off the pitch but we fuckin pulverised them…don’t think Anfield had seen anything like it before and the champions league style celebrations at the end suggested they were knew they’d got away with 9 minute injury time fuckin murder…

only joking about the ticket mate, I was offered the opportunity of one when they first went on sale and chose not to with it being midweek. been an expensive august trailing up and down the country not only for football but in the van too!

I feel your pain with regard being gutted mind and can well imagine how it felt being there. my own even at home was mingled with rage, full on conspiracy theories and a list for unadulterated vengeance.

I hope I don't bump in to any gloating plastic scousers down here today, I'm far too old for a midweek night in the cells.

there was 5 minutes of added time allocated by the officials, no doubt in part for delaying tactics, but nothing during those 5 minutes justified the referee adding another 4. it was like the game had to go on till livrrpool scored, they didn't want one of their favourites falling a further 2 points behind man city and reducing the chances of a replication of last seasons down to the wire scenario.

I hope we turn the home fixture against the cunts in to the most hostile atmosphere sjp has ever witnessed, absolutely murder the cunts on the pitch and klopp has kind of proper breakdown, the fucking grotesque german cunt. 

• Like 1

It is a strange one as, from a far, I would have said that I liked Liverpool more than Manchester City. Based on the two games, the fans and Pep held themselves in far higher regard. Liverpool came across as the year group above playing football, starting the realise they they couldn't just expect to go into break and walk the game and started to spit their dummies out. 

• Like 2

Superb gritty performance by us and just a shame we still have a few championship level players stinking the place out.

We need to learn how to see a game out. Imo, Howe dropped a bollock by not bringing Anderson on ahead of Murphy. 

Still, these are the growing pains we will have to suffer on our march to the top.

Isak looks a class act already and so excited to see what he can do when we have our best team out.

I think it was a mistake to take Isak off so early for Wood. On paper he's the big lad that provides an outlet. In reality the ball doesn't stick and we just end up turning over possession. I'll not even get on to what he offers as a goal threat. 

Edited by Gemmill

Just now, Gemmill said:

I think it was a mistake to take Isak off so early for Wood. On paper he's the big lad that provides in outlet. In reality the ball doesn't stick and we just end up turning over possession. I'll not even get on to what he offers as a goal threat. 

i thought so too at the time. isak looked shit hot, but turns out he had a dead leg so they took him off as a precaution 

Aye I was hoping the cup goal would do Wood's confidence some good, just seems completely off it. I wonder if we'll look to recuperate some of that fee in January. 

Klopp's really said something along the lines of "we'll remember this victory for years and years." Has he absolutely lost the plot? :lol: You'd think a league winning manager would set higher standards

• Like 1

the game went pretty much as i expected, the only disappointment being we didn't nick the point we deserved in the end. i expect us to give it a go every time now, no matter the opposition, to play the same way and to get a result. it's served us well so far and bodes well for the rest of the season.

i think we deserve to have at least 3 points more on the board than we do at this stage - we should have won against wolves and had a point last night. even against man city you could say we were unfortunate not to take all three points after being two goals up. 

my main concern is injuries and squad depth. this style of play is clearly very demanding - look how many were out on their feet or cramping up at the end of the game. i love how the players have all bought into it but is it sustainable given our lack of squad depth or will the players adapt and develop better endurance as the season progresses? 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

I'm not as worried about the fatigue stuff. It's only that tiring a style when you're giving the opposition 70% possession. And there's only 2 or 3 teams in the division where that'll be the case.

When we take an even or better share of the ball, which will be most matches, the fatigue will be much less of an issue. Also 5 subs and ultimately improving our squad so we can swap out on a more like for like basis will help too. 

We've played Man City and Liverpool in the space of 3 league matches, so it's just on your mind more now. 

• Like 5

Not sure if tv showed this, is from what one of our gang calls “the Thomas Cook Stand” :lol:  choc full of Irish, Scandies, cockneys and other assorted day trippers, his brother is one of them, despite their dad being from Ryton.  One scouse voice bleating on in the background. It’s as if teams aren’t allowed to do anything to try to beat them…

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Klopp apparently saying it was a superb atmosphere last night.  Most of the Surrey living cunts were quiet for most of the game the Hay loving cunt.

Aye, even the BT commentators broke their legally binding obligation and stated that the Anfield atmosphere was completely flat.

Ultimately we lost the match by very small margins. If Isak is a couple of inches further back we go 2 up (and Bet365 pay out on my bet :glare:), if the ref isn't dodgy as fuck then he blows up before giving them another chance to score, if ASM was fit then he would have received those balls late on rather than Murphy etc.

We gave them a proper game last night which is the first time we can say we've done that at Anfield in a long time. Liverpool aren't the sort of team we're going to be competing with in the league this season so we can take a lot of heart from a good performance.

• Like 8