Jump to content

Extra Time on Extra Time Hating Bastards v Exhibition Building Loving, Shandy Drinking Fannies


wykikitoon
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

The disallowed goal for West Ham is as absurd as ours btw. It’s ridiculous when you watch football with people in pubs who come up with strange interpretations of decisions, but these are actually paid professionals.

 


That's fucking ridiculous!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've only seen the Willock thing live and still don't know what went on. Was he pulled up for jumping for a header and coming into contact with the keeper? 

 

Looked like bullshit but I was at the opposite end of the ground. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've only seen the Willock thing live and still don't know what went on. Was he pulled up for jumping for a header and coming into contact with the keeper? 

 

Looked like bullshit but I was at the opposite end of the ground. 


 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Howay said:


 

The reverse angle of this is vastly more clear that Willock is shoved also, and that does not appear to have been presented to the referee for review.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anderson a bright spark on a very frustrating day. We created enough to win, it's the quality in the final third that let's us down again. 

 

I think Isak has shown enough to be able to say he's going to be a force to be reckoned with. Bad miss but young lad still settling in. 

 

Don't know what to say about the officials. I honestly went into shock for a minute, that has to be some kind of joke. This level of incompetence needs to be called out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, OTF said:

The reverse angle of this is vastly more clear that Willock is shoved also, and that does not appear to have been presented to the referee for review.

 

I agree with this, the techie VT neeks at Stockley Park fucked up big time. THIS is the angle they should have presented Salisbury with:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

Always said VAR would just make things worse. It's been a transparent disaster, I prefer my disasters opaque. 


It was only ever a media talking point….”the refs need help, we have the technology!” People went along with it. I distinctly remember saying in here that it wasn’t required, that it was a media fad and only ever really benefitted folk watching tv. As you say it been predictably proven to be utter bollocks. Even when they’ve tried to change the rules of the game to suit it it’s been shown to be inanely fuckin irrelevant because it’s still humans making decisions. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:


It was only ever a media talking point….”the refs need help, we have the technology!” People went along with it. I distinctly remember saying in here that it wasn’t required, that it was a media fad and only ever really benefitted folk watching tv. As you say it been predictably proven to be utter bollocks. Even when they’ve tried to change the rules of the game to suit it it’s been shown to be inanely fuckin irrelevant because it’s still humans making decisions. 

 

Goal-line technology was a good system to introduce. I think they could expand it to cover when the ball has exited the pitch as well. And I'm fairly certain they could develop technology to correctly and accurately judge offside calls - cameras tracking the last defender. But the rest should be open to human interpretation only. 

That said if it wasn't there we'd have lost to both Man City & Wolves and had Trippier missing for 3 matches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whats his basis for saying that? He would have only gone up in people estimation if he'd said the truth, they'd still have their bloody point.

 

And whats the rationale for not awarding a penalty for the push if they have chalked off the goal, why not review that. Just shocking decision making all around. Still absolutely seething I am :lol: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Whats his basis for saying that? He would have only gone up in people estimation if he'd said the truth, they'd still have their bloody point.

 

And whats the rationale for not awarding a penalty for the push if they have chalked off the goal, why not review that. Just shocking decision making all around. Still absolutely seething I am :lol: 

 

It's a fair point actually. If the ball hadn't ended up in the net, that'd surely have had to have been a penalty.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In contrast I understand Tuchel has said Chelsea were extremely fortunate to have the VAR decision go their way. I think that's as close as you'll get to him saying it was the wrong call. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

20220903_145306.thumb.jpg.575b5440be7d6ddda0e81d2e9c637a0f.jpg

 

First match in ages, I wore my special shirt, and still no goals. Livid. 

 

I think this kid was actually from Saudi btw. The absolute highlight was when the second half kicked off he unwrapped a Mars bar and offered first bite to everyone sat around him. Left and right and the rows in front and behind. :lol:

 

Sadly nobody took him up on it. 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we’re stuck with VAR now but I think I agree it would be better if it was just the goal line technology. I thought the teething problems would be sorted out but, if anything, it’s getting worse. The marginal offsides bug the fuck out of me. If it’s a howler by the assistant referee that’s one thing. But when they need to keep looking and looking at it then the principle should be you stick with the on-field decision. It’s often almost impossible to say if the pass has been played or is just about to be played at the moment the player is just on or offside. I also hate the way you can barely celebrate a goal now knowing there’s a good chance you’ll have to wait about 2 minutes to have it confirmed

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.