Combined XIs

The Fish

Keegan's teams from the 90s and Howes 2022 squad.

And Robson's teams and Howe's 2022

Who makes your combined elevens and who manages the teams?

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Keegan's teams from the 90s and Howes 2022 squad.

And Robson's teams and Howe's 2022

Who makes your combined elevens and who manages the teams?

Chris Waugh’s solicitors would like a word with you about this post.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Chris Waugh’s solicitors would like a word with you about this post.

Waugh would crumble under cross examination. I'm fine

5 hours ago, NJS said:

Given

Trippier 

Woodgate

Botman

Beresford

Guimares

Speed

Lee

Beardsley 

Ferdinand 

Cole

Keegan

But with Eddie Howe as defensive coach

That team would terrify the opposition.....Cole & Beardsley were the perfect pair its just a shame Keegan never got Ferdinand to play alongside them as planned

Edited by Rosco

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If you're not making Howe the manager, you're not thinking right. He's comfortably the best coach the club has had in my lifetime. 

Amazing really isn't it? A little over 12 months ago we were all (me included) massively underwhelmed at the prospect of Howe coming in.

As you say, easily the best coach we've had in my lifetime and when you consider that includes Robson, it's no mean feat. 

• Like 3

In defence of Keegan it was a different time for managers. The game has moved on massively in terms of tactics and the sort of work that goes on behind the scenes. Keegan wouldn’t last five minutes these days, Howe has learnt his craft completely differently to any manager in the 90’s.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

In defence of Keegan it was a different time for managers. The game has moved on massively in terms of tactics and the sort of work that goes on behind the scenes. Keegan wouldn’t last five minutes these days, Howe has learnt his craft completely differently to any manager in the 90’s.

Ohh i dont know Keegan's  style of play was simple.......attack and score more goals than the opposition.....end to end stuff....shit or bust

His very strong point was his ability to motivate players

• Like 1

Old school managers in the early to mid 90s couldn't cope with KKs teams, he was ahead of his time in a way plus the players looked up to him as he was the man as a player when they were growing up. It would be similar to 2021 Bruce saying we howped we can limit them and a klopp next door saying get into these, they're shite and so's their manager.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The backpass rule crippled some teams early on, we thrived on it.

You're not wrong. I can remember countless times in the promotion season of 92/93, David Kelly grabbing the ball out of the GKs hands for us to have an indirect free-kick - which we invariably scored from because Sheedy had a wand of a left foot.

• Like 3