Happy New Year 2023!

Monkeys Fist

Woke up still drunk and just kept going. Moving house in a few days, clearing the loft completely shitfaced wasn't how I intended to  start to the year. I've probably accidentally thrown a lot of stuff with real sentimental value in the skip, but fuck it. Out with the old, in with the, eh.....Johnnie Walker?

Happy New Year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Never meet your heroes.

That's very true  and never more so than with Gemmill, but don't worry, he'll be washing his hairs that day. 

Happy New Year everybody, fuck knows it's been a long one, that's for sure. Here's to a better next one. 

9 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Woke up still drunk and just kept going. Moving house in a few days, clearing the loft completely shitfaced wasn't how I intended to  start to the year. I've probably accidentally thrown a lot of stuff with real sentimental value in the skip, but fuck it. Out with the old, in with the, eh.....Johnnie Walker?

Happy New Year.

:lol:

Been there, done that. 

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Been there, done that. 

Swear it's one of the few times I've woke up and thought "fuck it, more whisky" since my student days. I've fair enjoyed this first day of 2023 so far though, maybe a bit too much. 

Skip is full, garden is starting to resemble 742 Evergreen Terrace in that episode where Homer fell out with the bin men. 

6 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Swear it's one of the few times I've woke up and thought "fuck it, more whisky" since my student days. I've fair enjoyed this first day of 2023 so far though, maybe a bit too much. 

Skip is full, garden is starting to resemble 742 Evergreen Terrace in that episode where Homer fell out with the bin men. 

I was once moving house and had just put back thinking about the preparation until about 3 days before because I was too busy and stressed  Suddenly realised I had to pack and move a whole semi detached house, completing on the day I had to move so zero flexibility. Honestly, nearly had a nervous breakdown, impossible job. Got the credit card out and managed to book a packing and moving service. Six lads boxed up the whole house on the morning of the move whilst I smiled with my feet up. Best money I have ever spent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I was once moving house and had just put back thinking about the preparation until about 3 days before because I was too busy and stressed  Suddenly realised I had to pack and move a whole semi detached house, completing on the day I had to move so zero flexibility. Honestly, nearly had a nervous breakdown, impossible job. Got the credit card out and managed to book a packing and moving service. Six lads boxed up the whole house on the morning of the move whilst I smiled with my feet up. Best money I have ever spent. 

Wishing we'd done the same (still an option to be fair, good shout!) just a bastard of a time of year to be moving, extra bank holiday up here on Tuesday really complicates it more. Need to be ready to move on Wednesday, could all get delayed. I've been trying to get bits and pieces cleared out most of December but my missus took the "let's just get Christmas out the way first" approach and she's the boss.

Three of our four kids were born here and it feels like we've thrown absolutely nothing out since we moved in. Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be absolute pandemonium. Looking forward to it right now but that's probably down to the two full days of living off Dutch Courage.

22 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

it feels like we've thrown absolutely nothing out since we moved in.

Been there done that too, the wife even keeps every little shit piece of art the kids have ever made. Good luck mate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

every little shit piece of art the kids have ever made. 

Aye man, thats mostly what's filling the skip, swear I could chuck in a match and have a mostly empty skip again come morning. The good drawings she's taken pictures off and posted on social media anyway.

We'll be sound. Didnae mean to hijack this thread, just absolutely fucking plastered and seemed relevant to the whole "new year = fresh start" bollocks.

10 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Wishing we'd done the same (still an option to be fair, good shout!) just a bastard of a time of year to be moving, extra bank holiday up here on Tuesday really complicates it more. Need to be ready to move on Wednesday, could all get delayed. I've been trying to get bits and pieces cleared out most of December but my missus took the "let's just get Christmas out the way first" approach and she's the boss.

Three of our four kids were born here and it feels like we've thrown absolutely nothing out since we moved in. Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be absolute pandemonium. Looking forward to it right now but that's probably down to the two full days of living off Dutch Courage.

Wor lass never throws stuff out so sympathise and that's just reminded me that we used to get that extra BH at my old place despite being in England, yet another T&C miss. 

21 hours ago, Meenzer said:

We should have a geriatric 5-a-side reunion at Eldon Leisure (and stream it as a site fundraiser for the lols)

Not sure about that, I almost died at the last one which was 15 fucking years ago!! 😵 :lol:

11 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Wor lass never throws stuff out so sympathise and that's just reminded me that we used to get that extra BH at my old place despite being in England, yet another T&C miss. 

First few bags of old kids clothes brought down from the loft she wanted to look through to see what might fit our youngest. A problem that was quickly solved by presenting her with a further 20 or so bags of the same shite.

21 hours ago, Tom said:

Good luck @Blastronaut :lol: 

Thanks man. Dunno if luck will solve anything here though, what I need is a bigger skip, more whisky and a total frontal lobotomy.

• Haha 3