Arteta's long suffering jellied eels v Eddie's Stottie fuelled northern raiders (- Gemmill + Trips, massive net gain tbh)

Toonpack

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we did try to play our normal game - howe said as much. i don't think he set us up to park the bus, as some gooners are suggesting, but sometimes when you're playing a quality opponent away from home you have to adapt to the game situation, which we did brilliantly. there isn't a better defence in the league. i liked that howe was disappointed in his interview that we weren't able to influence the game as much as usual in an attacking sense. it wasn't through a lack of trying though.

arsenal forced us to defend for large periods of the game, and we after the opening 10 minutes or so, when we were under pressure, we pretty much nullified them other than once chance which pope saved well.

it was just a shame we weren't able to do better when we had our moments going forwards - partially a result of them all being knackered from all the hard work they had to do off the ball. a half-fit wilson up front didn't help either as he ran out of gas pretty much at the start of the second half. 

What we shouldn't lose sight of as well is that our quality of passing last night was some way below our usual par. I think the weather conditions were partly to blame and the intensity of their pressing as well but irrespective, it gives me satisfaction that there was more in the tank from us than was demonstrated.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Just had a quick look on one Arsenal forum and whilst 99% of the comments are anti NUFC spouting the normal shite you would expect from opposing fans one stood out

"

That was one of the most flawless defensive performances from a visiting side that I can remember. The discipline and work rate to keep their shape was seriously impressive.

They were the third top scorers in the league yet they came to our ground and showed us massive respect by completely tailoring their game plan to not lose.

Very disappointing result but we’ve come such a long way. A point against Newcastle given their form and trajectory isn’t a disaster"

A balanced Gooner? Blimey, even a broken clock is right twice a day!

All joking aside, it's good to hear a balanced viewpoint. In contrast I'm impressed with how much Arsenal have come on since last season - mind you, I don't think we saw a true representation of them at SJP, they were still reeling from the North London derby loss. Who've they got next I wonder? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

We’ve played 6 of the top 7 sides away from home now and have lost only once. That is remarkable 

...and Lascelles has managed to get himself booked in 3 of them despite only playing in 1 :lol:

• Haha 10

3 minutes ago, MrBass said:

...and Lascelles has managed to get himself booked in 3 of them despite only playing in 1 :lol:

our secret weapon on the touchline when seeing out a game. first-class shithousery :lol:

• Like 1

When the Emirates first opened (it might have happened at Highbury too)  that Ty used to sit in the front row near the away fans trying to err “engage” with us for the entire 90 mins whilst simultaneously trying to listen to the match commentary through a ludicrous set of bright red headphones. Good to see he’s still a blatant fuckin idiot :good: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

They've been their sleeve sponsor for years now.

You can defend the fascist bastards as much as you want, I choose not to ;) and would rather invent a stick to beat them with thank you very much.

I love that we upset fans of these relatively recent exponentially rich clubs. That lad in particular, I won't view the video as, fuck that, but he's just one of the many cheeks of the same arse whether it's Liverpool, Man U whatever. We're doing something right when they gurn for the cameras. :good:

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

When ‘football purist’ Wenger played better sides like Barcelona in the CL they spoiled. 

Mourinho made a stellar career out of it everywhere he went.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Craig said:

"Newcastle are less than nobodys!" :lol:

That little cunt is the very epitome of the entitled ‘big 6’ man child. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Mourinho made a stellar career out of it everywhere he went.

Aye. With a fucking massive budget most of the time to boot 

• Like 3

By his logic it's 20 years since they won the league so he has no right to an opinion either. 

(The Arsenal dwarf that is) . 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 4

It's a strange thing, Leeds did it to us and as far as I can see ALL our frustration was about how/why we didn't break them down and the chances we missed. We didn't go on and on about what Leeds did more than what we didn't do, that said Arsenal created feck all last night tbh, we had the best chances, and should have bloody scored.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

It's a strange thing, Leeds did it to us and as far as I can see ALL our frustration was about how/why we didn't break them down and the chances we missed. We didn't go on and on about what Leeds did more than what we didn't do, that said Arsenal created feck all last night tbh, we had the best chances, and should have bloody scored.

Noocarsel have spent trillions tho, innit, fam? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Noocarsel have spent trillions tho, innit, fam? 

Yeah and the arse had nothing on the bench that could compete with Eddie's reserve worldbeaters, sheer class subs available like Ritchie and Manqilllo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Yeah, being frustrated that your team couldn't break down a perceived lesser opponent is one thing. Blaming that opponent for not rolling over to have their tummy tickled is entitled bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to the day we turn up at the Emirates and play open expansive football to make Ty and his ilk cry into their club branded pillows. But until then they should stop crying, and fuck 'em if they can't

• Like 4