Arteta's long suffering jellied eels v Eddie's Stottie fuelled northern raiders (- Gemmill + Trips, massive net gain tbh)

Toonpack

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Except for a few shaky moments, Burn was quality up against Saka tonight. Willock worked his balls off to stop Odegaard and Trippier was his usual imperious self against Martinelli. Hopefully, by the time Palace rolls around, Isak is back and we’ve got a new central midfielder to ease some of the pressure and game time on this bunch. 

Willock, Longy and Bruno v Odegaard was great. He's been their main playmaker this season. 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Willock, Longy and Bruno v Odegaard was great. He's been their main playmaker this season. 

Tbf, games like tonight make you see why Willock is/was highly rated. Was great on the break as well and only stopped working when his legs literally gave out

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

About time.
Wood and Murphy coming on.

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The sooner we're not putting on the likes of Murphy the better. 

:lol:

• Haha 4

They had a lot of posession and we were hanging on a bit of course but there were no really clear cut chances were there? The save from Pope with his leg perhaps?

This is bordering on the absurd now. Top 4 challenge is one thing, we've just gone away to the current runaway league leaders and gotten completely under their skin. The effort from the lads was immense again. 

• Like 6

It's getting to the point where I'll be disappointed if we don't finish in the top 4 :lol: 

If Spurs and Man U win their game in hand we are only 2points off slipping to 5th. Could do with putting a couple of wins together against the shite coming up 

16 minutes ago, Craig said:

6* (* SIX) consecutive clean sheets!!!! 

what the fuck has happened to Newcastle United? :lol:

Had we not let a last minute consolation in at Southampton it’d have been 8 games.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Got to agree with Paul Merson for once but that is definitely a penalty against Dan Burn.

In the earlier contact on Burn there was a similar amount of shirt pulling, it's just more obvious when it's Burn doing the pulling as opposed to being pulled.

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

Two scandalous penalties? 

Kiss my hairy arse. 

What a wanker he is....i wish someone had knocked the twat out for his touchline antics

Edited by Rosco

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's getting to the point where I'll be disappointed if we don't finish in the top 4 :lol: 

If Spurs and Man U win their game in hand we are only 2points off slipping to 5th. Could do with putting a couple of wins together against the shite coming up 

I've always said look at GD for a guide to how good a side is. Compare ours with theirs (ManU, Spurs). I'll be gutted if we don't get 4th now. Not only tonight did we end Arsenal's 100% at the Emirates, we are the only team they haven't scored against as well. The story of NUFC so far this year is our defence is the best any of us have ever seen. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

How little attention has Botman gotten from the media btw? If VVD had been putting in these performances they'd be wanking themselves silly. Young defender with zero Premier league experience comes in and makes everything look so easy. He's an absolute gem. 

• Like 10