Eddie’s title chasers against some league one outfit from Yorkshire

Dr Gloom

Alright, it’s been a while.

Back by popular demand, it’s a Dr Gloom match thread, brought to you by hope, giddy enthusiasm and deluded optimism.

Toonpack or Meenzer should arguably have started the thread after neither oversaw a loss but apparently neither of them have the stones to do it so here we are.  And maybe we can bend the rules anyway as it’s a cup game. 

I predict a scrappy 2-1 win to us with plenty of changes to the starting lineup and ASM to grab the winner.

If we lose I will naturally stand down as match thread starter immediately and we can forget this ever happened  

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Back by popular demand, it’s a Dr Gloom march thread, brought to you by hope, giddy enthusiasm and deluded optimism.

Toonpack or Meenzer should arguably have started the thread after neither oversaw a loss but apparently neither of them were deemed worthy of Renton's "permission" so here we are.  And maybe we can bend the rules anyway as it’s a cup game. 

I predict a scrappy 2-1 win to us with plenty of changes to the starting lineup and ASM to grab the winner.

If we lose I will naturally stand down as match thread starter immediately and we can forget this ever happened  

FYP and:

a) It's the wrong way around FFS

b) Wilson (needs the minutes) and ASM should start, the rest is up to Eddie based on training and who's looking knackered/not knackered.

• Haha 1

Dr Gloom has the minerals that's FO SHO

I also see a few changes with the league cup quarter on Tuesday.

I would rest, Trips, Botman and Burn.  At the back.  Then pretty much the whole midfield and Wilson.  We should have enough to beat these with what we have.  Should

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Dr Gloom has the minerals that's FO SHO

I also see a few changes with the league cup quarter on Tuesday.

I would rest, Trips, Botman and Burn.  At the back.  Then pretty much the whole midfield and Wilson.  We should have enough to beat these with what we have.  Should

Nah, he needs to play, looked off the pace at the Arse, start him and give him a half/60 minutes

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Nah, he needs to play, looked off the pace at the Arse, start him and give him a half/60 minutes

He looked knackered.  I honestly don't think he's fully recovered from whatever he had/(s) 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

He looked knackered.  I honestly don't think he's fully recovered from whatever he had/(s) 

Yep, so he needs the minutes, he'll not get fit sat on the bench.

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Yep, so he needs the minutes, he'll not get fit sat on the bench.

So playing through an illness is good? He's made of cardboard and it's a game I dont think he needs risking.

Give ASM a start for this one IMO. If you can't start him against a League One outfit, he's done. 

Also rest Wilson and anyone else possible. This is the game for resting people, not the Leicester one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Give ASM a start for this one IMO. If you can't start him against a League One outfit, he's done. 

Also rest Wilson and anyone else possible. This is the game for resting people, not the Leicester one. 

100 Percent Yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

hoping to see isak get some time here.

flying out the traps for the first 30 minutes aside at leicester we've started looking pretty toothless in recent games following a run knocking in fours for fun.

need this to be a game where we find our shooting boots again or can see a run a similar to the start of the season of a shitload of draws developing.

Yup, weakened team for me.

This is where we’ll miss Kraft, Target and Shelvey. Please don’t risk Isak against this rabble either.

If we get through great, but I would rather concentrate on finishing top 4 and progressing in the league cup this season.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Back by popular demand, it’s a Dr Gloom match thread, brought to you by hope, giddy enthusiasm and deluded optimism.

Toonpack or Meenzer should arguably have started the thread after neither oversaw a loss but apparently neither of them have the stones to do it so here we are.  And maybe we can bend the rules anyway as it’s a cup game. 

Good Luck With That GIF by Chicks on the Right

• Haha 4

I wouldn’t be changing the defense unless they have knocks. We don't play again for a week so there's plenty of time for recovery before we host Fulham.

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

hoping to see isak get some time here.

flying out the traps for the first 30 minutes aside at leicester we've started looking pretty toothless in recent games following a run knocking in fours for fun.

need this to be a game where we find our shooting boots again or can see a run a similar to the start of the season of a shitload of draws developing.

Not Isak, these cunts will try and kick us off the park.

• Like 1

Just now, OTF said:

I wouldn’t be changing the defense unless they have knocks. We don't play again for a week so there's plenty of time for recovery before we host Fulham.

There is a cup game next week isn't there?

1 minute ago, OTF said:

You want to give Leicester a bye in the League Cup QF?

• Haha 3

Just now, RobinRobin said:

There is a cup game next week isn't there?

Yep, my bad. Ok rest every fucker in this one then play them against Leicester in the Carabao and Fulham in the Prem.

• Haha 1

Just now, ewerk said:

You want to give Leicester a bye in the League Cup QF?

Whoops, I didn’t read the title and figured incorrectly that this was the league cup QF. I stand down from my official position on the forum is what I'd be saying now if I had a position.

• Haha 4

They are unbeaten in 17 and we are unbeaten in 15.  That is 32 games total.  #Maths4Glory

Could go either way really, we could just sneak it by 1-0 or we could get up in their guts like a long weekend in Calcutta.

I'd give Wilson a start, plus ASM. Start Murphy or Fraser on the other flank. Maybe Joelinton and Longstaff in the middle. Manquillo in for Trippier, Targett in for Burn. Keep Botman, Schar and Pope.

Have Isak, (if fit), Almiron, Willock, Bruno, Trippier, Burn and Darlow on the bench. 

How many subs can you name, and make in the FA cup this season?