howe's rabblement of lawless, scattershot, buccaneers v jones' congregation of well educated south coast gentry.

thebrokendoll

a new thread is probably appropriate for the second leg. especially as this one isn't brokendollless.

a massive shout out to @Christmas Tree for making this happen for me, it's very much appreciated. also a very warranted doffing of the hat to @Tom, hope you get sorted sir!.

at the risk of putting a spanner in the works we should be reasonably confident we'll get through this, but for the love of god can we please get an early goal to settle the nerves a bit?

in the event we do get through, there's then the mayhem and chaos of the scramble, begging, calling in of ancient favours and any method of skulduggery to get your hands on a final ticket to look forward to!   :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

My holiday entitlement starts on 1st Jan every year…am in attendance, so am hoping even at this relatively early stage of the year that the current Mrs PL isn’t expecting to be whisked off somewhere exotic for a fortnight this summer :good: 

They nick a goal and they’re right back in the tie but the thought of them doing so v this defence at a SJP full of seething desperation is fancilful to say the least :nufc: 

20 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Atmosphere should be bouncing and I think the players will react and score early. Though, I’m going to be there so expect frustration

I'll cancel you out. If we get through and I get tickets its going to be a ballache for me to sort out transport, accomodation, and most importantly childcare, but this ballache is infinitely preferable to kick in the nuts should we fuck this up. :thumbup:

Just now, Renton said:

I'll cancel you out. If we get through and I get tickets its going to be a ballache for me to sort out transport, accomodation, and most importantly childcare, but this ballache is infinitely preferable to kick in the nuts should we fuck this up. :thumbup:

mate, did you not hear about the after party at chez gloom? i was counting on you falling off the wagon for one night only 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

not a hope in hell you'll be able to sort all that out. might as well assign your ticket out to me now.  ;)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 2

After the horse has bolted I've decided to put a short notice holiday request in for Tuesday, should've done it as soon as we got through tbh and tried to get tickets for it. (Don't worry, we've won loads when I've been off as well including the first leg). :good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Let's have a big name pre- match on-the-pitch unveiling. 

When was the last time we had one of those? 

Last one I truly remember was Robert, I think?

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Transport is easy, MF will be driving his murdervan down. 

Accommodation is Gloom's Georgian townhouse

and childcare can be taken care of by the seagulls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

When was the last time we had one of those? 

Last one I truly remember was Robert, I think?

I think Martins was unveiled before a match. 

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Transport is easy, MF will be driving his murdervan down. 

Accommodation is Gloom's Georgian townhouse

and childcare can be taken care of by the seagulls.

Will I fuck be driving back though. :lol:

Game to watch, beer to be imbibed, hookers to kill, dance floors at Gloomy’s gaff to be shredded. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Will I fuck be driving back though. :lol:

Game to watch, beer to be imbibed, hookers to kill, dance floors at Gloomy’s gaff to be shredded. 

However long the party is going to last, Gloomy's hospitality will last longer. Look at him, he's a peach.

9 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Nicked and interesting, 9 games for Man U, 5 for us (IF we get past Soton)

image.png.9b72fac400072ee5235e91858cfaf2a7.png

OMG Dave posted this at about 9am. You were probably at the market demanding a quarter pound of bacon. 

You've been low blocked into fucking oblivion here. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

OMG Dave posted this at about 9am. You were probably at the market demanding a quarter pound of bacon. 

You've been low blocked into fucking oblivion here. 

I would order 100 grams mate, I only work in, metric. (and I'm not Steve Bruce)