Wor Eddie's Fuck The Draw Bastards v Eriks Schmoking the Pancake School Meal Wankers - AKA The League Cup Final + Gemmill Loves Excel

wykikitoon

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Sickner. We need to make sure we finish top 6 now. That will still be a successful season when you compare our squad with the likes of Chelsea, City, Arsenal et al

Wilson needs to be replaced as a priority. Isak needs to be bedded in properly as an ACM or as an Almiron/ASM replacement. Bringing Murphy, Richie and Anderson shows you the work that still needs to be done to this squad

Once we ad Isak on and the Willock.  Our bench was wank tbh.  Yes Murphy came on and played really well.  But he's not where we want to be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Once we ad Isak on and the Willock.  Our bench was wank tbh.  Yes Murphy came on and played really well.  But he's not where we want to be.

Im not convinced on Willock either tbh. Still not sure what his best position is 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Im not convinced on Willock either tbh. Still not sure what his best position is 

Aye.  He's slow at getting into games.  But he's better than Murphy and other options off the bench.

Agree with Wilson though.  Whilst he did a job earlier this season and some past, his sicknote record isn't for us.  He has also been wank with Long Southgateitus since he's come back from the WC.

I'm really coming round to Murphy as a sub.

He is not someone I would want coming on in the 80th minute to 'unlock' a defence and he is not someone I would want to see rotated in the squad as a starter but I do think he is a good enough standard for the role of a sub.

He has the right work ethic, quick enough to help defend, quick enough to run at a tired defence and he seems to love playing for us.

7 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

It feels like this was one step too far at this point of our journey but it also feels like it is a step on our wonderful journey rather than a disappointing climax to a fluky season that where we won't get a better chance again

100% this, brilliantly put. Probably why, although I'm obviously disappointed and a bit down, I don't feel too bad really. 

• Like 1

What was the collective cost of their side? That’s not even taking into account Rashford who is absolutely world class at the moment. We held our own but ultimately their quality was the difference.

I wasn’t in any way confident about getting a result today so can’t be too gutted but one thing is sure, it won’t be as long before we’re in a final again.

• Like 2

Just felt the run up to the final went against us. Bruno red, losing form and then Pope topped it off. It could only happen to us. 

We are in a rut at the mo and hopefully Bruno is available for the next game. We need to find some goals from somewhere. Miggy and Wilson have dried up. The rest aren't regulars which is why I wished we went balls out on Maddison in January. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Dan Burn just called the opposition ‘United’. Even though he quickly corrected himself that’s clearly a sacking offence.

It used to bug me a bit but it doesn’t any more. Who the hell calls us “United”? apart from a few chants.

For Sheffield/Manchester they obviously have to shorten it to city/Wednesday or city/utd 

I don't get all this idea of us being at the start and there's more to come so it doesn't matter, if we have that mentality then we will continue to lose finals.  We could have said that 20 years ago and look where it got us. Man Utd were dogshit at the start of the season, they've got 2 players who make them tick at present and both scored today. They did little for much of the game as their plan was to sit in and stop us playing in the final third with the early lead. Rashford is running purple at the minute and unfortunately all our hot streaks have dried up. Whether that's fatigue, nerves, over thinking stuff I don't know but we need to find what got us free scoring and feeling invincible again. We were there on merit and we shouldn't just have this plucky loser mentality. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

It used to bug me a bit but it doesn’t any more. Who the hell calls us “United”? apart from a few chants.

For Sheffield/Manchester they obviously have to shorten it to city/Wednesday or city/utd 

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't get all this idea of us being at the start and there's more to come so it doesn't matter, if we have that mentality then we will continue to lose finals.  We could have said that 20 years ago and look where it got us. Man Utd were dogshit at the start of the season, they've got 2 players who make them tick at present and both scored today. They did little for much of the game as their plan was to sit in and stop us playing in the final third with the early lead. Rashford is running purple at the minute and unfortunately all our hot streaks have dried up. Whether that's fatigue, nerves, over thinking stuff I don't know but we need to find what got us free scoring and feeling invincible again. We were there on merit and we shouldn't just have this plucky loser mentality. 

I don't think anyone has the plucky loser mentality. It's a pisser, but what you going to do? I think recognising that this is the start of, not the end of, the journey is key. We'll be back soon and next time maybe will be favourites,  and will win a trophy. That's not just cushioning the blow of this defeat, its my objective appraisal of the situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We weren't plucky losers. We were the better side but didn't take what limited chances we had. 

The "start of the journey, there'll be more chances" stuff is what we can all genuinely believe. 

I don't really know what the alternative reaction looks like tbh. Figuratively punching holes in the forum wall isn't going to help. 

• Like 4