Wor Eddie's Fuck The Draw Bastards v Eriks Schmoking the Pancake School Meal Wankers - AKA The League Cup Final + Gemmill Loves Excel

wykikitoon

Only Trippier and Bruno would get in their team. And the options off the bench - fuck me 🙈

We’re still about 5 or 6 transfer windows away from getting anywhere near their first XI, let alone their squad, but as a lot of people have mentioned, we competed.

The Brazilian Billy Bunter was brilliant for them mind.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to starting next season with a better first team. And hopefully new sponsorship deals mean we can start stepping on the gas a bit with the spending. 

Almiron, Burn, ASM, Ciggy. All priority upgrades. If Wilson doesn't get his shit together quick, the same goes for him. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't get all this idea of us being at the start and there's more to come so it doesn't matter, if we have that mentality then we will continue to lose finals.  We could have said that 20 years ago and look where it got us. Man Utd were dogshit at the start of the season, they've got 2 players who make them tick at present and both scored today. They did little for much of the game as their plan was to sit in and stop us playing in the final third with the early lead. Rashford is running purple at the minute and unfortunately all our hot streaks have dried up. Whether that's fatigue, nerves, over thinking stuff I don't know but we need to find what got us free scoring and feeling invincible again. We were there on merit and we shouldn't just have this plucky loser mentality. 

Haven’t read the thread tbh but I’d be surprised if anyone was saying that 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Watched it in Shearer's, just disappointed more than anything. Can't pin the blame on anyone, just not good enough.

Tbf I don’t think I’ve ever been to Shearer’s bar and not been disappointed 

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye Casemiro's shoulder is in front of any ball playing parts of our players?

Wilson's boot according to VAR:

nba all star phone GIF by NBA

Just got home, obviously disappointed, but …

… I’m not disheartened. 

We were the better side by a country mile, but we lacked any final attacking threat, which we must, and will, inevitably address. 
Putting this game in context, a year ago we were staring virtually inevitable relegation in the face. To even be here is an unbelievable achievement on his part. 
Howe has worked godly levels of improvement on our club, and will continue to do so. 
Maybe this final came a year too early, but we can walk away from this with our heads up. 

Off the pitch, there was only ever going to be one winner, but we took that to another level. 

The shot of our end, with the Black and White  stripes and the flags, was genuinely hair-raising stuff. 

The way our owners interacted with our players and staff as they came up to collect their medals was just superb, and that’s from a grumpy old cynic. 

I wish we’d won, but I’m in no way ashamed of where we are as a club, and we’ll do the job properly next time. 

Howay the Lads :nufc:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Would have taken Isak off for who he came on for? It’s different but I like it.

Thought we played well.

The fans did us proud, as did the players.

We are hundreds of millions of pounds behind clubs like Man Utd. But only getting started.

Specifically, thought Karius did well. Bruno and especially Big Joe were great but perhaps lack the know how of Casemiro. Wilson was very, very poor. His movement was lacking all day, although with Isak coming on for someone else we don’t have another option.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

Would have taken Isak off for who he came on for? It’s different but I like it.

Thought we played well.

The fans did us proud, as did the players.

We are hundreds of millions of pounds behind clubs like Man Utd. But only getting started.

Specifically, thought Karius did well. Bruno and especially Big Joe were great but perhaps lack the know how of Casemiro. Wilson was very, very poor. His movement was lacking all day, although with Isak coming on for someone else we don’t have another option.

Wilson looks like he has lead in his boots and has for a while. Don’t want to sound knee jerk but I think we need an upgrade (especially given his injury record) 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, OTF said:

Aye Casemiro's shoulder is in front of any ball playing parts of our players?

Wilson's boot according to VAR:

nba all star phone GIF by NBA

So a part of Wilson, who isn't in a position to prevent him from scoring counts as making him onside but the man u player behind who was a yard offside doesn't count? 

We all know what the call would have been the other way round. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

So a part of Wilson, who isn't in a position to prevent him from scoring counts as making him onside but the man u player behind who was a yard offside doesn't count? 

I was just going to say that would’ve been disallowed if it was us who’d scored 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wilson looks like he has lead in his boots and has for a while. Don’t want to sound knee jerk but I think we need an upgrade (especially given his injury record) 

Agreed. If the management team don’t see Isak as centre forward, then we need a new one. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

Yeah, I don't get why the other player isn't interfering with play there, what's Karius supposed to do in that split second? Also, was it fuck a free kick. 

Just now, strawb said:

Agreed. If the management team don’t see Isak as centre forward, then we need a new one. 

I think they anticipated Wilson (at least for this season as the centre forward) with Isak being an upgrade on Almiron. With Isak maybe growing into the CF position. Obviously Isak’s hamstring injury and Almiron’s amazing form in the first half of the season changed all that 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Yeah, I don't get why the other player isn't interfering with play there, what's Karius supposed to do in that split second? Also, was it fuck a free kick. 

I thought it was a rash challenge. Rashford isolated out wide with two players on him and Bruno’s shoulder is into Rashford’s back. Free kick all day 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I thought it was a rash challenge. Rashford isolated out wide with two players on him and Bruno’s shoulder is into Rashford’s back. Free kick all day 

That's what I thought. He wasn't going anywhere and just a stupid challenge. 

• Like 2

Asm is a tricky one. 

You may have noticed I'm not a massive fan. 

BUT

Say we don't get a new CF does asm stay? Miggy would be better on the left with a left foot crosser and get isak on the right. 

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Asm is a tricky one. 

You may have noticed I'm not a massive fan. 

BUT

Say we don't get a new CF does asm stay? Miggy would be better on the left with a left foot crosser and get isak on the right. 

Thought he showed in patches what he can do today. He’d be better off with Targett at LB too. Long term though? Is he a luxury a top side would indulge. Either way, no problems with his performance today and if it’s 0-0 or 1-0 at HT then he causes a different threat compared to the way Man Utd could sit deep 2nd half 

• Like 2