Sexy Eddie's The REAL United vs The Bald Fraud's Moonface-Free Manchester Team

Gemmill

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

God! I hate that game, objectively we absolutely bossed it and were never in any real danger, but every time a red shirted bastard had the ball my head went "here's the goal", it's going to take a LONG time to get over that feeling of inevitable doom against certain teams !!! Even at 2-0 in the final minutes I couldn't even stop it !!!

Bottom line, we are definitively a really REALLY good team and how tremendous was it to have substitutions available that could actually change the game (if needed) without a likely drop off of performance.

Loved it (but also hated it).

I was exactly the same like. Completely irrational, we fucking hammered them nearly the whole match, but I couldn't just enjoy it. 

We are a fortress again at home mind. Only lost to Liverpool which was a bit of a freak game tbh. I reckon we can get a 100% record for our remaining home fixtures. Looking forward to Spurs. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

@ackas comments on the the photo you posted last night...

This seems to be causing the twitter fan base of the red mancs to go into meltdown

They think we did it because we beat them

Same with applauding the fans after the game

Fucking self obsessed wankers

some hoot on red cafe posted this marvellous bit of photoshopping...

FsvZqagWYAUOM8M.jpg.2fb31fcebe75b3a3714878450b1ad0ad.jpg

i think the mackems (and so it would seem, the mancs) refer to these photos as 'cringe'

we've doing them for over a year now, a year in which eddie howe has taken us from bottom of the premier league, to comfortably avoiding relegation, to a cup final, to third in the premier league with the very real possibility of a european campaign next season.

we have a team spirit at the club which i would imagine must be envied by 99% of managers throughout the entire football league. a ground which is sold out long in advance of every home game with thousands more unable to get in.

aye, it's cringe alright...... long may it fucking continue.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 11

The point about having subs that can change the game. The mad thing is that's mostly only really happened cos of the quality of coaching.

Longstaff being borderline undroppable for instance which means Joelinton can't get a start. And who 18 months ago would have called Joelinton someone who could come on and make a difference.

Similarly Murphy is now good enough to start which keeps new £40m signing Gordon as an option off the bench.

It's ridiculous stuff from Howe and the coaching staff. Howe is the true Minister for Levelling Up.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The point about having subs that can change the game. The mad thing is that's mostly only really happened cos of the quality of coaching.

Longstaff being borderline undroppable for instance which means Joelinton can't get a start. And who 18 months ago would have called Joelinton someone who could come on and make a difference.

Similarly Murphy is now good enough to start which keeps new £40m signing Gordon as an option off the bench.

It's ridiculous stuff from Howe and the coaching staff. Howe is the true Minister for Levelling Up.

He's got me believing that he can turn Maxi into a consistent threat and contributor every game, rather than the Shola-esque delivery of performance that we have had in the past.

• Like 3

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Longstaff yesterday was mint IMO.  He grafted his fucking bollocks off and was miles better than McCunty.  Yet we are supposedly after him?

howe could get mct playing like longsttaff though tbf

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Has his mam burnt the other side of his face with the iron or summit?  Silly cunt.

Scorch marks from licking Ten Hag's Tefal boots.

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that'll be the ghost-writer/editor 

Then he/she wants sacking, or at the very least, a good shoeing from Mr. Shearer for smearing shit on his good name. :lol:

31 minutes ago, ackas said:

He's got me believing that he can turn Maxi into a consistent threat and contributor every game, rather than the Shola-esque delivery of performance that we have had in the past.

I wouldn’t believing but there is hope when you look at how he has transformed other players we had previously written off 

Is everyone else still bouncing after yesterday’s result btw? 

after all these years, football still has a magic power to influence my mood like nothing else.

Imagine if we’d won the cup final… 

• Like 8

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

after all these years, football still has a magic power to influence my mood like nothing else.

Massively 

42 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Longstaff yesterday was mint IMO.  He grafted his fucking bollocks off and was miles better than McCunty.  Yet we are supposedly after him?

Longstaff is still a problem in my eyes - he seems to get more chances to score than our forwards but just doesn't have the composure or finishing ability. Can only imagine that he's in that advanced role because he's not trusted further back? I still think we need a midfielder who can make those late arrival runs into the box but actually convert the chances. Our profligate finishing really feels like it's coming from that position - we make enough chances for these players (Willock included here tbh) but they just don't put them away.

Am I being harsh? It's really how it looks to me but I guess I only saw the highlights from yesterday (still pissed about that).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

mumbling, stuttering little fuck :lol:

i suppose to his credit he does at least sound like he could be from manchester.

on the downside, it's almost a certainty he's being monitored by the paedophile hunters.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Absolutely. I've got a smile on my face and a literal bounce in my step. The counter is if we do shit of course, but then, like most of us I guess, you just learn to become completely apathetic and in my case make myself miserable on the politics thread instead. 

• Haha 1

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

i suppose to his credit he does at least sound like he could be from manchester.

on the downside, it's almost a certainty he's being monitored by the paedophile hunters.

He sounded like a taffy nonce to me. 

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Longstaff is still a problem in my eyes - he seems to get more chances to score than our forwards but just doesn't have the composure or finishing ability. Can only imagine that he's in that advanced role because he's not trusted further back? I still think we need a midfielder who can make those late arrival runs into the box but actually convert the chances. Our profligate finishing really feels like it's coming from that position - we make enough chances for these players (Willock included here tbh) but they just don't put them away.

Am I being harsh? It's really how it looks to me but I guess I only saw the highlights from yesterday (still pissed about that).

Willock was more wasteful. I dunno though, suspect the type of player you're talking about are in the 100s of millions region, rare as hen's teeth in World football. The fact we are creating enough chances to win games by converting 10% of them is canny remarkable really, as is our defence. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Absolutely. I've got a smile on my face and a literal bounce in my step.

Renton on his way to pick up the Guardian and the pains au chocolate this morning.

• Haha 9