Sexy Eddie's The REAL United vs The Bald Fraud's Moonface-Free Manchester Team

Gemmill

41 minutes ago, ackas said:

The thing is though, if you finish in the top 4 of the Premier League you are arguably one of the top 8 sides in Europe.

We might lack squad depth and experience in Europe, but we would be a team that others wouldwant to avoid

Did you seen what the likes of Man City and Napoli were doing to some of the sides in the last round? :lol: Not suggesting for a minute that we’re anywhere near competitive with them atm but ffs, we’re miles better than some of the dross getting out of the groups. It’s just a matter of increasing the squad with enough quality players to complete in the league & cups too 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Did you seen what the likes of Man City and Napoli were doing to some of the sides in the last round? :lol: Not suggesting for a minute that we’re anywhere near competitive with them atm but ffs, we’re miles better than some of the dross getting out of the groups. It’s just a matter of increasing the squad with enough quality players to complete in the league & cups too 

Bit of a tangent, but I think that's somewhere we're going to struggle. Established teams can rely on their 4th or 5th choice striker against FC Plovmadov, we don't have an established U21 squad of any quality. So we'd need to rely on whoever isn't shoved out the door in the summer. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Bit of a tangent, but I think that's somewhere we're going to struggle. Established teams can rely on their 4th or 5th choice striker against FC Plovmadov, we don't have an established U21 squad of any quality. So we'd need to rely on whoever isn't shoved out the door in the summer. 

Yeah that’s fair. We got into the top four with Chris Wood playing half our games though. The standard isn’t as high as we think. It’s the amount of games that we’ll struggle with iyam 

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

FC Plovmadov have never appeared in the main stages of any European competition, therefore rendering your entire point, if not existence, moot.

• Haha 3

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Yeah that’s fair. We got into the top four with Chris Wood playing half our games though. The standard isn’t as high as we think. It’s the amount of games that we’ll struggle with iyam 

It would be hilarious seeing Jacob Murphy teapotting off some Slavic monster in the Champions League.

• Haha 3

Just now, ewerk said:

FC Plovmadov have never appeared in the main stages of any European competition, therefore rendering your entire point, if not existence, moot.

Can't believe you don't know Plovmadov's 2004 tilt at Champions League qualifying rounds

Just now, The Fish said:

Can't believe you don't know Plovmadov's 2004 tilt at Champions League qualifying rounds

Obviously I'm au fait with that effort but their European naivety against a side of Club Brugge's quality was evident for all to see. Hence why I said 'main stages'.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Obviously I'm au fait with that effort but their European naivety against a side of Club Brugge's quality was evident for all to see. Hence why I said 'main stages'.

You did say "Any European Competition" though, and they were in the Fairs Cup/UEFA Cup/Europa League loads.

so майната ти

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Just good planning and subtle automation. While reports are running I come on here and school fools.

It's what fish do, tbh, hardly boast worthy

• Haha 7