Sexy Eddie's The REAL United vs The Bald Fraud's Moonface-Free Manchester Team

Gemmill

38 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

:lol:

How would you feel if you were a big part of getting CL football and then come summer you get shipped? Would leave a bad taste in your mouth 

You were good enough to get their under Eddies coaching right? Who says you couldn't reach another extra step?

Ok, lets say I'm Sean Longstaff. My hometown club has made it into the Champions League and I'm a big part of making that happen. Eddie Howe, the man who's taken my game to another level pulls me to one side before I go off on my summer holidays and lets me know that he's going to make me available for transfer because he's bringing Milinkovic Savic in to replace me. I'd be gutted, I'd plead my case. But ultimately I'd rather play football than be an unregistered moody cunt, and I'd take that phat transfer move to West Ham (or wherever). because, THAT'S HOW FOOTBALL FUCKING WORKS.

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean what you're suggesting is fucking mental and just not how the world operates. You don't make progress to the next level and then put things on pause to see how the current set of players does.

Best case scenario you slow your progress down massively, worst case you bring it to a complete standstill. And that goes for every competition you're playing in. Neither are good outcomes.

When Burnley come up, they'd be mental to sign any players. Just keep the Championship plodders that got them promoted and hope they can improve further. Because if nothing else, what watching football for decades has taught is that sentimentality always wins out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

When Burnley come up, they'd be mental to sign any players. Just keep the Championship plodders that got them promoted and hope they can improve further. Because if nothing else, what watching football for decades has taught is that sentimentality always wins out.

You havent watched much of burnley this season have you?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

This shouldnt be taken as me agreeing with longtimeadmirer btw, hes definitely wrong.

Its just a shit example.

• Haha 1

Just now, Andrew said:

Not much, no, but I bet you every penny in my pocket against every penny in yours that, if they're allowed to make signings for the Premier League, they will. And they won't rely on the team that got them there. Just like we didn't. Like Bournemouth didn't. Forest didn't... and so on.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Never seen him play, ill keep longstaff

I've never driven a Rolls Royce, I'd still have one over the Kia Ceed I'm currently pootling around in.

• Haha 1

Have Burnley got a bunch of PL players on loan or is my perception of that wrong? Cos they'd have to either sign them permanently or hand them back next season, wouldn't they?

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't think this comparison works as well as you think. I could understand upgrading players from Championship to EPL.

But by being part of an English team that qualified for the CL, you would have to go up against 6-7 teams who are all good enough for the CL and to come out on top of that battle, you clearly have something about you.

Not saying every player in the squad does.

26 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

I don't think this comparison works as well as you think. I could understand upgrading players from Championship to EPL.

But by being part of an English team that qualified for the CL, you would have to go up against 6-7 teams who are all good enough for the CL and to come out on top of that battle, you clearly have something about you.

Not saying every player in the squad does.

Champions League is a step up, but next season we'll need better players, even if we only manage to qualify for the Europa League. A quick scan through our starters highlights a few areas where we should strengthen. Looking deeper into our squad it would make sense to move them on and push Longstaff, Burn, Murphy further down the pecking order, or out of the door if the right bid comes in.

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Fish, are they taking on at your workplace? Seems like you’ve got about 55 minutes of free time to every 5 minutes you must work

Just good planning and subtle automation. While reports are running I come on here and school fools.

• Haha 3

Just now, The Fish said:

Champions League is a step up, but next season we'll need better players, even if we only manage to qualify for the Europa League. A quick scan through our starters highlights a few areas where we should strengthen. Looking deeper into our squad it would make sense to move them on and push Longstaff, Burn, Murphy further down the pecking order, or out of the door if the right bid comes in.

The thing is though, if you finish in the top 4 of the Premier League you are arguably one of the top 8 sides in Europe.

We might lack squad depth and experience in Europe, but we would be a team that others wouldwant to avoid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ackas said:

The thing is though, if you finish in the top 4 of the Premier League you are arguably one of the top 8 sides in Europe.

We might lack squad depth and experience in Europe, but we would be a team that others wouldwant to avoid

.... rrrrrright, but that's not a argument for keeping Longstaff and players of his level. He's one of the more limited players in the first team, and should be replaced for that competition.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/race-for-top-4.473820/

the last 5or 6 pages since sunday's game are worth a read, some humility but still a staggering amount of arrogance from the plastics. below is a highlight, I mean nobody, not even once, has ever mentioned our saudi ownership. it's like it never actually happened 

burn saying he's pleased we beat a team is obviously unique, first time it's ever happened.

as for howe addressing the team afterwards, bizarre really I must admit, I was always under the impression the players left the field for a bath and the manager fucked off for a kebab.

eddie really needs to take a leaf out out the bald dutch nonce twats book and learn some humility.

don't know if I've ever mentioned this before? but I fucking hate these cunts.

:)

874038739_Screenshot_20230404_124623_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.06f887f9d733e55c6c2ae216c29ce1a1.jpg

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Every fanbase has them but they've got a canny bit more than their fair share of sad sacks. Fuck them, the Duckworths, Kevin and Sally Webster. :good:

i liked the stone rose's first album. but that's about where it ends.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

i liked the stone rose's first album. but that's about where it ends.

Their patter is on a par with fucking Gail Platt's the boring cunts. 

• Haha 2

Read some of their match thread, seems the only reason we won is because they were shit, Weghorst isn't very good and De Gea can't pass. They couldn't work out that the reason they were losing the ball so often is because we forced De Gea into booting it long where our players could out muscle their forwards, or because we were snapping at the heels of every player for 90 minutes. 

We could and should have won by 4 or 5 goals and on another day we would have. Longstaff was unlucky with his long range shot and the one early doors where he couldn't get it out of his feet. You'd have expected one goal from either Isak's header or Willock's rebound and against a lesser 'keeper it would have come. 

Honestly, think the only reason they're policing the celebrations or whining about the post-match comments is because they're bored of blaming their players/managers but they're still hurting.

• Like 3