David Moyes's Bubble-Blowing Bellwhiffs vs Eddie Howe's RELENTLESS Slaphead-Slaying Mags

Gemmill

Isak goal.......MOTD analysis show it from behind and after Isak lobbed the keeper he stands with hands on hips watching the ball hit the back of the net.....Absolute class🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Apparently it was a very flat performance from Brentford tonight. It would be nice if this is the start of a downturn for them. Shame Toney didn't get booked given that would have seen him get a suspension for Saturday. As for us it's incredibly positive that both Wilson and Isak scored tonight, and that Wilson in particular looks to be back to his best both physically and mentally. And if Joelinton is banging in a brace you know things are well on track 😂 Two more away games in a row and I'd be more than happy with four points, and the way we're playing it's more than doable. 7 points from three away games in a row will set us up incredibly well for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Apparently it was a very flat performance from Brentford tonight. It would be nice if this is the start of a downturn for them. Shame Toney didn't get booked given that would have seen him get a suspension for Saturday. As for us it's incredibly positive that both Wilson and Isak scored tonight, and that Wilson in particular looks to be back to his best both physically and mentally. And if Joelinton is banging in a brace you know things are well on track 😂 Two more away games in a row and I'd be more than happy with four points, and the way we're playing it's more than doable. 7 points from three away games in a row will set us up incredibly well for the remainder of the season. 

Fuck it I want 9 points

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Can we now get off Maxi’s back. 2 games, 2 assists and obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that his overall game is improving.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

And just think how dangerous he could be if we had a Trippier type left back behind him.

We’re going to need one as Dan Burn was left exposed tonight. Not a knock on Maxi, cos he was pretty good but Bowen had a lot of one on ones. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Can we now get off Maxi’s back. 2 games, 2 assists and obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that his overall game is improving.

Fair play to the lad he's back in the grove......I was on his back for his lack of effort but at the moment he's one of the first names on the teamsheet

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

His talent has never been in doubt, but the question remains if he can show the bare minimum of work rate and attitude consistently over a season, and not act like fanny when he gets annoyed on the pitch. If we weren't headed in the direction we're hopefully going, as in into the elite, then I'd be more than happy to put up with his, at times, suspect attitude. Hopefully Eddie has finally got through to him, but whether it will stick permanently is open for debate. It's not like he's a kid at 26 so he may be set in his ways. 

Edited by Polarboy

57 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

only us left in the ground at the final whistle!  :lol:

20230405_215729.thumb.jpg.d89404bad347d7dcf99f4c30e929ea6c.jpg

Thank you for your support

🤣

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, ackas said:

We’re going to need one as Dan Burn was left exposed tonight. Not a knock on Maxi, cos he was pretty good but Bowen had a lot of one on ones. 

To be fair Bowen is a good tricky player who frequently manages to drive into the box regardless of the opposition. He's their leading scorer. I feel like Howe does not want to lose BDB's height for set pieces (both ours and the opponents) plus he plays in an almost back three at times, which gives Trippier the freedom to push right up.

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

To be fair Bowen is a good tricky player who frequently manages to drive into the box regardless of the opposition. He's their leading scorer. I feel like Howe does not want to lose BDB's height for set pieces (both ours and the opponents) plus he plays in an almost back three at times, which gives Trippier the freedom to push right up.

Yep. Agree. Was just noticeable that he was left alone to deal with Bowen. Normally he gets a bit of help. Wonder if it was deliberate to free up Maxi?

1 minute ago, ackas said:

Yep. Agree. Was just noticeable that he was left alone to deal with Bowen. Normally he gets a bit of help. Wonder if it was deliberate to free up Maxi?

Conversely it's not like Bowen does a lot of defensive work himself and having ASM in more space worked out pretty well for us...

The confidence in our team at the moment is outstanding, trust in Eddie to have us stay switched on for Brentford who possibly took it easier away against Manure to save it for us at home at the *checks notes* Gtech Community Stadium. Silly mistake. And terrible stadium name.

Just back from the game. What a weird fucking stadium. It’s such a bizarre match day experience. Absolute nightmare getting out of the ground with this weird traffic light system penning the crowd in like cattle. Took 35 minutes to get from the ground to the station. Absolutely nowhere to go for a drink pre or post match so had to grimly sink a few £7 morettis in the ground. 

I was in with my West Ham mate in the home end. The atmosphere was flat as a pancake. I expected it to be more hostile but it felt like they’re resigned to their fate. Not even any calls for Moyes out. Terrible atmosphere. Haven’t seen the goals back but felt like they gifted us at least three and we just cut through them on so many occasions. Didn’t look like a David Moyes team at all. I wonder if he’s lost the dressing room.

Our lads barely broke a sweat. Didn’t need to. There was one move that would have been a goal of the season contender, ball played from our goalkeeper right through them from front to back, with almost everyone having a touch on the way. Glorious. 

What a team, what a manager. What a season. 

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

two impressive games on the bounce. Unlucky to be subbed again 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OTF said:

Thank you for your support

🤣

there was a mass exodus on about 70 minutes, which doesn’t surprise me given how much of a nightmare it is to get out of the ground  

51 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Totally agree with CT here, rarity though it may be ;) Maxi has been class.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Didn’t look like a David Moyes team at all. I wonder if he’s lost the dressing room.

It's quite a spectacular slip from last season where they were quite impressive. It must have bought Moyes some time.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

two impressive games on the bounce. Unlucky to be subbed again 

It makes sense in the context of three games in a week, likewise starting Wilson. I think it will be back to Isak starting next up which is incredibly tough on Wilson having just scored a brace.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just back from the game. What a weird fucking stadium. It’s such a bizarre match day experience. Absolute nightmare getting out of the ground with this weird traffic light system penning the crowd in like cattle. Took 35 minutes to get from the ground to the station. Absolutely nowhere to go for a drink pre or post match so had to grimly sink a few £7 morettis in the ground. 

I was in with my West Ham mate in the home end. The atmosphere was flat as a pancake. I expected it to be more hostile but it felt like they’re resigned to their fate. Not even any calls for Moyes out. Terrible atmosphere. Haven’t seen the goals back but felt like they gifted us at least three and we just cut through them on so many occasions. Didn’t look like a David Moyes team at all. I wonder if he’s lost the dressing room.

Our lads barely broke a sweat. Didn’t need to. There was one move that would have been a goal of the season contender, ball played from our goalkeeper right through them from front to back, with almost everyone having a touch on the way. Glorious. 

What a team, what a manager. What a season. 

I missed the 5th goal to get out and back on the last train. Confusing as fuck as to where you’re supposed to go. 
And massive search queues to get in before the game. Not once but twice. 

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

shame he didn't score in the 2nd half, would've been thoroughly deserved.

• Like 1