David Moyes's Bubble-Blowing Bellwhiffs vs Eddie Howe's RELENTLESS Slaphead-Slaying Mags

Gemmill

4 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Apparently it was a very flat performance from Brentford tonight. It would be nice if this is the start of a downturn for them. Shame Toney didn't get booked given that would have seen him get a suspension for Saturday. As for us it's incredibly positive that both Wilson and Isak scored tonight, and that Wilson in particular looks to be back to his best both physically and mentally. And if Joelinton is banging in a brace you know things are well on track 😂 Two more away games in a row and I'd be more than happy with four points, and the way we're playing it's more than doable. 7 points from three away games in a row will set us up incredibly well for the remainder of the season. 

How is he still playing?  I thought he was waiting for a lengthy ban for betting offences.

6 hours ago, OTF said:

It makes sense in the context of three games in a week, likewise starting Wilson. I think it will be back to Isak starting next up which is incredibly tough on Wilson having just scored a brace.

I thought about the workload at the time and that they were good player/squad  protection subs, rather than change the game subs, and how nice is it to be able to bring on like for like quality.

• Like 3

I think we just have to realise that we are IN the moment right now. This is not us just on the journey, gearing up for the future, we are here now. 

You just know as a NUFC fan never to become complacent!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I could watch that Isak goal over and over again. One of the coolest goals I’ve ever seen. And he’s only a Young’un.

He’s going to be sensational to watch over the next few years.

cool as fuck, stood there watching it go in with his hands on his hips! 

just about to find motd on iplayer, think I might watch it a few times meself!  :lol:

• Haha 2

Howe too. The way he kept Jamal as captain, knowing he was hardly going to play. It just makes him know he's still key off the pitch. Shows he respects the bloke for what he's given to the club in the really shit times. 

Fuck. Me. What a guy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Also, what a tackle by Gordon to win the ball back. Would love to see him get a nice assist or goal soon just to settle him properly.

If you squint your eyes he looks a bit like Shane. :good:

• Haha 7