David Moyes's Bubble-Blowing Bellwhiffs vs Eddie Howe's RELENTLESS Slaphead-Slaying Mags

Gemmill

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Nah, Stokoe was the only one wheeling away in celebration as he knew it was going in.

8A849069-924E-450B-9383-651CCEA98D9C.jpeg.54eddadce56a8fdd9f0cd58af8d98e67.jpg

:lol:

shame he looks like a paedo in that photo, but nonetheless, tremendous!

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Poor by the keeper obviously but what an unbelievably cool finish by Isak 

Again, Henry comes to mind for me. That's the sort of composure that the really good ones just come ready-made with.

• Like 6

Such a weird game, both defences were below their standards, difference is of course our standards are high as fuck these days. Thought Rice looked quality and it's a shame we're not two or three years further down the line as he'd be an unreal addition. Paqueta looked industrious and shows glimpses of quality. Antonio lead the line well, but those three aside, West Ham were pretty poor. The third goal killed them off, the timing, the forced error and the ease at which Wilson tucked it away. 

Genuinely thought Bowen was going to rinse Burn all game, but he sharp became an irrelevance. Probably Burn's worst game in a while, defensively. Botman and Schar looked a little shaky too. We didn't control the midfield as we have done, but honestly, I think that's more down to Rice than anything else. 

Reminded me of the Brentford game where the Bees just decided to gift us a few goals and we ruthlessly punished them. 

3 point ahead of managerless Spurs, with a game in hand and we get to play them at SJP. Win that and we can start planning trips to FC Plovmadov.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Renton said:

My favourite part of this photo, Isak aside, is the keeper. Looks like him and Isak are in casual conversation. :lol:

They're both saying "ah shit", just with very different intonations.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

shame you can't see the ball in that photo, but nonetheless, tremendous!

the lad is gonna be a legend here.  :)

The ball's on the t of betway behind the goal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

My favourite part of this photo, Isak aside, is the keeper. Looks like him and Isak are in casual conversation. :lol:

I think I fucked up, Alex

Yeah, you did mate. You did fuck up.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Such a weird game, both defences were below their standards, difference is of course our standards are high as fuck these days. Thought Rice looked quality and it's a shame we're not two or three years further down the line as he'd be an unreal addition. Paqueta looked industrious and shows glimpses of quality. Antonio lead the line well, but those three aside, West Ham were pretty poor. The third goal killed them off, the timing, the forced error and the ease at which Wilson tucked it away. 

Genuinely thought Bowen was going to rinse Burn all game, but he sharp became an irrelevance. Probably Burn's worst game in a while, defensively. Botman and Schar looked a little shaky too. We didn't control the midfield as we have done, but honestly, I think that's more down to Rice than anything else. 

Reminded me of the Brentford game where the Bees just decided to gift us a few goals and we ruthlessly punished them. 

3 point ahead of managerless Spurs, with a game in hand and we get to play them at SJP. Win that and we can start planning trips to FC Plovmadov.

Strangely, while I thought we deserved the win, I thought West Ham were decent.

They isolated Burn and Bowen gave him a tough time

They forced Botman inside and onto his right foot and his distribution suffered

Rice was all over the pitch

And then they handed us a few goals

I didnt feel comfortable at 2-0 and was a bit nervy at half time

Was about time we outperformed our xG though :shifty:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Credit to @Isegrim

Although he loses some of that credit for inexplicably posting it in the Holidays 2023 thread in General Chat.

• Haha 7
  • Jaysus... 1

22 minutes ago, OTF said:

The ball's on the t of betway behind the goal.

now you mention it, it does appear to be on the t in trophyshy's first photo I quoted.

look at the subsequent photos though and it's gone.

something sinister going on here.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Credit to @Isegrim

Although he loses some of that credit for inexplicably posting it in the Holidays 2023 thread in General Chat.

I thought it was some reference to the satisfaction of putting towels on sunbeds but couldn't quite work it out. 

• Haha 3

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

now you mention it, it does appear to be on the t in trophyshy's first photo I quoted.

look at the subsequent photos though and it's gone.

something sinister going on here.

I reckon that fucking massive-bollocked rat might have eaten it. 

• Haha 4