Unai "Nee Baals" Emery's Beige Renaissance vs Eddie "Baals in a Wheelbarrow" Howe's UNSTOPPABLE Lunchtime Mags

Gemmill

54 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The lads at Tifo catching up with Toontastic's data analyst team.

I like this way mucho.

Thing is, we're very good at pressing high up the pitch, AND we're good at handling more direct balls. Dan Burn has the height advantage on literally every wide sided player so any high ball in that direction will be meat and drink for him. If they try and dick about at the back we'll nobble 'em, as we recently did to great effect against West Ham, Brentford and Man Utd.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

@The Fishh

The real big news from today is that I've got all 2,789 players from the Big 5 European leagues and all their fbref stats into Power BI.

I'll be retiring Tifo shortly.

Podcast Nerds GIF by Prinz Pi

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

@The Fishh

The real big news from today is that I've got all 2,789 players from the Big 5 European leagues and all their fbref stats into Power BI.

I'll be retiring Tifo shortly.

Can you save it to a public repository?

I could probably just send you the pbix file. It's connected to fbref so if you open the file and press refresh it'll bring through the latest stats after every match.

I was gonna add clubs to it as well so that club stats can be queried separately to individual players. Probably worth me finishing it first then sending you it to see if it works.

Only thing that's making me wonder is you'd need to have Python installed on your computer cos I've used Python code to connect directly to fbref rather than scraping the tables. But I assume if that was a blocker, you could just install Python and it would work.

ANYWAY. Getting back to the matter at hand, I'm struggling to see anything other than another relaxing win here.

Make yourself a nice sandwich, put your feet up, and enjoy it.

• Haha 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

ANYWAY. Getting back to the matter at hand, I'm struggling to see anything other than another relaxing win here.

Some of us have to get 3 drunk children out of bed, pack up and get home for early kick off!!!

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm hoping Villa will be just about confident enough to try and play expansively at home against us, leaving spaces for Isak and co to smack them silly. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s quite the age-gap. 

Did the tv break or something? 

odds on the 12 year old has a family nickname like “Scarborough” or “ Rhyl” or maybe even “Centreparcs 2001” :) 

(tbf @Christmas Tree  I remember when you had your young ‘un, it seems like a couple of months ago :D ) 

• Haha 3

I hope we can beat this lot but I will go for an on the fence 1-1. I have COVID so am pissed off especially as I am on holiday, not that I am away anywhere thank fuck. Apparently you can go out after five days even if you test positive so that’s me tomorrow. It’s like having a heavy cold and an annoying cough like I had when I smoked that’s the cough not the cold. Back on track no love lost between us and Villa so despite my prediction I hope we stuff the twats.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He was in-between hobbies.

Mrs. CT. “ No more kids !
Me fanny’s like Alum Pot, man! 
Take this bleeping stick and fuck off to dig spoons up or something!” 

• Haha 6

33 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

odds on the 12 year old has a family nickname like “Scarborough” or “ Rhyl” or maybe even “Centreparcs 2001” :) 

:lol:
“ Dad, why do you call me KDP?”

” Kesthwick Dog Park, thon, Kesthwick Dog Park.”

• Haha 5