Unai "Nee Baals" Emery's Beige Renaissance vs Eddie "Baals in a Wheelbarrow" Howe's UNSTOPPABLE Lunchtime Mags

Gemmill

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/24016-pre-match-thread-cup-final-3-of-10/#comments

a read of the match day thread on their forum is predominantly over confidence, some more cautious and fair smattering of comments from 'benny' halfwits like the one below.

would like to think we'll give them a hiding but I also think writing off their chances on the basis they're only beating shit teams is a little over optimistic. there's no doubt emery is doing a good job there, he took over a team in the shit under gerrard and has turned it round. he may have started from a higher base than us with bruce/howe but it's still a reasonable reflection of what happened here with a proper coach In charge. its actually a compliment to our owners that they had emery so high on their list of replacements for bruce, even if as it turns out he lacked the bollocks to take the job!   :)

disappointed not to see @The Fish over there fighting the good cause!

anyway.....

61173307_Screenshot_20230410-091225_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e076d2067ba4f3b82ab0911fd7424db6.jpg

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/24016-pre-match-thread-cup-final-3-of-10/#comments

a read of the match day thread on their forum is predominantly over confidence, some more cautious and fair smattering of comments from 'benny' halfwits like the one below.

would like to think we'll give them a hiding but I also think writing off their chances on the basis they're only beating shit teams is a little over optimistic. there's no doubt emery is doing a good job there, he took over a team in the shit under gerrard and has turned it round. he may have started from a higher base than us with bruce/howe but it's still a reasonable reflection of what happened here with with a proper coach In charge. its actually a compliment to our owners that they had emery so high on their list of replacements for bruce, even if as it turns out he lacked the bollocks to take the job!   :)

anyway.....

61173307_Screenshot_20230410-091225_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e076d2067ba4f3b82ab0911fd7424db6.jpg

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

would like to think we'll give them a hiding but I also think writing off their chances on the basis they're only beating shit teams is a little over optimistic. there's no doubt emery is doing a good job there, he took over a team in the shit under gerrard and has turned it round. he may have started from a higher base than us with bruce/howe but it's still a reasonable reflection of what happened here with a proper coach In charge. its actually a compliment to our owners that they had emery so high on their list of replacements for bruce, even if as it turns out he lacked the bollocks to take the job!   :)

anyway.....

Think you’ll find @Gemmill is on upcoming match home supporter interaction/liaison duties with his shiny new table showing how we’re mint and they’re not :) 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

They're also missing their pivotal DM and first choice Right Back. 

Since Emery took over, they're much improved, but our home form is ridiculous and their away form shouldn't be as good as it has been.

Aye, their away form isn’t too fantastic. Shame it’s at Villa Park

• Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

anyway.....

Fucking hell that post is bad enough, but if you read it in their accent it takes you to an entirely new dimension of shitness.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

anyway.....

This Villa supporter’s a radish

From that site ;

Newcastle has a pattern of losing when the opposition scores first and in the first half, especially if it's in the opening 15 minutes.

What pattern? We've only lost 3 games in the league :lol:  Twice against Liverpool and once against Man City. The home game against Liverpool, we went ahead. So in two games, against top sides, we've conceded before the 20 minute mark and then gone on to lose. That's not a pattern. 

Newcastle seem to struggle away against the big sides. I cant see nothing but a Villa win here. 

Recently Lost to Man City, Liverpool recently all away. Lost the Cup Final away (Wembley) to Manchester United. 
Now up against an Aston Villa team in top form. 

This one made me laugh.

a) 'seem to struggle away against the big sides' Every team in the league struggles to beat top sides.... because they're top sides, at home.

b) Villa are not a big side

The more I read of that thread, the more I want to absolutely fucking smash these boring cunts.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

From that site ;

What pattern? We've only lost 3 games in the league :lol:  Twice against Liverpool and once against Man City. The home game against Liverpool, we went ahead. So in two games, against top sides, we've conceded before the 20 minute mark and then gone on to lose. That's not a pattern. 

This one made me laugh.

a) 'seem to struggle away against the big sides' Every team in the league struggles to beat top sides.... because they're top sides, at home.

The more I read of that thread, the more I want to absolutely fucking smash these boring cunts.

Was it more or less frustrating to read than some of the posters on here?  :) 

• Haha 3

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Was it more or less frustrating to read than some of the posters on here?  :) 

More. These cunts are trying to derive patterns with terrible analysis, you lot are just bumpkins trying your best.

Nicolas Cage Wink GIF

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

From that site ;

This one made me laugh.

Peaky Blinder Logic

All they had to say was 'we're doing well, so are these but we're at home, we have a chance of beating them.' and you'd say fair enough for a partizan viewpoint but to make up made up patterns? MLF imaginary behaviour, marra, best leave that stuff to the experts. FTM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3