Unai "Nee Baals" Emery's Beige Renaissance vs Eddie "Baals in a Wheelbarrow" Howe's UNSTOPPABLE Lunchtime Mags

Gemmill

They’ve always been utterly deluded, in the PL era they’ve been a total fucking irrelevance. I know football existed before the PL but fucking hell it’ not like the PL era is a short period now :lol:. The best they’ve managed in that time is some Europa league finishes under O’Neill, you’re going back to a time where people who were players then are retiring as managers since they won the cups they say make them this massive cloooob, it’s an argument in the wider context but in the discussion of this game it’s utterly fucking meaningless - to me they’re a shite club and have been at best mid table plodders my entire life whereas we’ve had CL football and challenged for titles. 

They’ve been on a good run, but they’re missing out that we’ve also won 5 on the bounce and against better teams than they’ve played - it’s not like we’ve been stumbling :lol:

• Like 2

I hate these cunts with a passion, but I think the running streak will come to an end here. Emery has got them playing really well.

1-1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently Forest were doing well against them until Shelvey had a brain fart in his own area,

I dunno, I think they were pretty comfortable, but Shelvey's gaffe presented a massive chance that Villa couldn't fail to bury. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

So it’s “expected goal difference v actual goal difference” in the first graph,  but not actual “xG (difference)” that’s been preoccupying certain posters on here recently, it’s almost actually good old fashioned GOAL DIFFERENCE itself, but just the “expected” sort? … have I got that right?…  :unsure:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So it’s “expected goal difference v actual goal difference” in the first graph,  but not actual “xG (difference)” that’s been preoccupying certain posters on here recently, it’s almost actually good old fashioned GOAL DIFFERENCE itself, but just the “expected” sort? … have I got that right?…  :unsure:

The first graph shows how they've been putting away a greater number of chances than you'd expect. 

Thanks for attending my TED Talk.

• Haha 2

Just now, The Fish said:

The first graph shows how they've been putting away a greater number of chances than you'd expect. 

Thanks for attending my TED Talk.

Well yeah I can read that from what he’s said in his tweet but he’s using the phrase xG difference. Is that xG as you’ve been patiently explaining it or “expected goal difference” as in goals scored - goals conceded? 🤔

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

So they scored more than what the stats bois thought they would and they conceded less than what the stats bois calculated?

Maybe we dont need the stats, bois?

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer
  • Haha 3

Just now, LongTimeAdmirer said:

So they scored more than what the stats bois thought they would and they conceded less than what the stats bois calculated?

Maybe we dont need the stats, bois?

Orrrrr, the stats reflect that Aston Villa have been overperforming, benefiting from worldies for and profligacy against. This is form.

Compare it to us, we're putting away roughly what you'd expect us to, and conceding roughly what you'd expect. This is class. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Orrrrr, the stats reflect that Aston Villa have been overperforming, benefiting from worldies for and profligacy against. This is form.

Compare it to us, we're putting away roughly what you'd expect us to, and conceding roughly what you'd expect. This is class. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

To borrow from @Sonatine.....

134498384_200(2).gif.b585d65add1388a3c280c37f4ce4d060.gif

• Haha 7

1-3 and a more comfortable victory than the one over Brentford. A weeks rest will do the lads a world of good, and has already been pointed out Villa are overperforming and not even generally against the better teams in the league. Emery has done well with what he has, but that Villa team needs a lot of work in the summer transfer market. 

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ah shit, the dreaded early Saturday kick off. Never a fan of these. I’ll also be driving back to London so will have to tune in on the radio 

Ando Anderson and his "big" Bouys for you then

I dont do all this Xd / Dx / Goals expected / Goals predicted / Goals guessed / etc etc etc bollocks........you dont have to be a genius to work out Villa have beat a load of piss poor sides..........VILLA 0-3 NUFC  

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Rosco said:

I dont do all this Xd / Dx / Goals expected / Goals predicted / Goals guessed / etc etc etc bollocks........you dont have to be a genius to work out Villa have beaton. a load of piss poor sides..........VILLA 0-3 NUFC  

Spammed YP

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ah shit, the dreaded early Saturday kick off. Never a fan of these. I’ll also be driving back to London so will have to tune in on the radio 

I think the KO time will benefit us more than them, their fans will still be digesting their dinners and trying to tear themselves away from football focus whilst ours will be refreshed with some canned beverages amongst other things on the way down. 

"Thoil ave a sore head lyta on drinking this early Tracoi, yow mark moi words, hunnoi bee."

fat-spanish-waiter__01.jpg.469ea2a570408ec9f020a1d5ffa3be14.jpg

• Haha 10