Sandro Tonali

wykikitoon

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Milan knew and they're gonna be fucked surely?

Is it being reported that they knew? If be inclined to ignore most of the press coming out of Italy cos they're usually full of it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Is it being reported that they knew? If be inclined to ignore most of the press coming out of Italy cos they're usually full of it.

Yeah. Daily newspapers dedicated to sport but about 90% of that is football so they need to fill the pages somehow. But I guess we’ll find out soon as the process here seems to have been really quick here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If he did get banned for 3 year (which he won't), where does that leave NUFC?

I think our current management are canny enough to find a way to spin this into a win.  

22 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If he did get banned for 3 year (which he won't), where does that leave NUFC?

Regardless of what his sanction is It leaves NUFC’s much vaunted recruitment team looking like a set of useless cunts. Which they’re not, but they’ve dropped a major bollock here. Regardless of what he has actually bet on, his agent has already said he’s a gambling addict. They should’ve undoubtedly found that out. 

Are there clauses in transfer contracts that allow for buyer regret due to unforeseen character traits? I fuckin doubt it tbh. Anyone remember Andy van der Meyde’s  transfer to Everton?… 

The reasons for our (unlikely from the outset) signing of Tonali are now clear. Milan knew he was getting a ban and so did his agent. It was like Man Utd selling Scholes at the same age. Am not actually that bothered but NUFC have been properly had over on this. All we need to do is keep the two Joes fit till after Christmas, get through the CL group then maybe bring in a non CL cup tied player in January :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Regardless of what his sanction is It leaves NUFC’s much vaunted recruitment team looking like a set of useless cunts. Which they’re not, but they’ve dropped a major bollock here. Regardless of what he has actually bet on. his agent has already said he’s a gambling addict. They should’ve undoubtedly found that out. 

Are there clauses in transfer contracts that allow for buyer regret due to unforeseen character traits? I fuckin doubt it tbh. Anyone remember Andy van der Meyde’s  transfer to Everton?… 

The reasons for our (unlikely from the outset) signing of Tonali are now clear. They knew he was getting a ban and so did his agent. It was like Man Utd selling Scholes at the same age. Am not actually that bothered but NUFC have been properly had over on this. All we need to do is keep the two Joes fit till after Christmas, get through the CL group then maybe bring in a non CL cup tied player in January :cuppa:

So basically what you're saying is never trust an Italian, aye? 

I don't think that's right about the recruitment team. It clearly wasn't anything like public knowledge and there's probably only him and a couple of those close to him knew about it, all with a huge vested interest in keeping it quiet.

If someone had signed Toney just before his story blew up, I don't know that you could blame the signing club. Being a gambling addict is a piece of piss thing to do on the DL.

• Like 2

Yep. Addicts are experts at keeping secrets. I think it's clear to say the guy has a legitimate problem. Hopefully the club and his loved ones see to it that he gets the proper help. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think that's right about the recruitment team. It clearly wasn't anything like public knowledge and there's probably only him and a couple of those close to him knew about it, all with a huge vested interest in keeping it quiet.

If someone had signed Toney just before his story blew up, I don't know that you could blame the signing club. Being a gambling addict is a piece of piss thing to do on the DL.

Yeah maybe you’re right. I think they will be looking at themselves this morning though, wondering if they missed anything..

DL?..  wtf is that when it’s at home? 🤔