Valentino Livramento

wykikitoon

24 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

'The kids are excited to see him'

Says a grown man sat at the training ground :lol: 

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

As much as I’m buzzing to see us buying young prospects, and now have the team in place to develop them properly, this lad looks like your daughter’s first, very disappointing, boyfriend. 

I wish him all the best :lol:

• Haha 12

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Surely he's done enough now to show to Howe that he can rely on him more and give Wor Trips a rest.  It's difficult as Trips has been outstanding this season, but it's a long season.

Agree. I think we should see Tino starting more games now. Never put a foot wrong, and we've never missed Trippier in the games he's played in at RB. 

Edited by Dazzler
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Surely he's done enough now to show to Howe that he can rely on him more and give Wor Trips a rest.  It's difficult as Trips has been outstanding this season, but it's a long season.

two starts, two man of the match displays 

there’s a case for Howe trying to find a way to get both of them in the starting 11 against the top sides. Krafth’s display yesterday suggest he can provide rotation options for both players 

• Like 4

Can we not drop Tino in at right back, Trips in left side and give us more options at CB with Burn, Lascelles and Schar? Tino and Hall being able to play as wing backs also gives us options further up the pitch. These lads are ripe and ready. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chaser said:

Can we not drop Tino in at right back, Trips in left side and give us more options at CB with Burn, Lascelles and Schar? Tino and Hall being able to play as wing backs also gives us options further up the pitch. These lads are ripe and ready. 

I think if Botman was available we could toy with that, but I don't think Lascelles has the quality to play as a centreback pair with two attacking fullbacks. It's fine with Burn as he shuffles over whenever we attack. 

I'd also argue that it'd be wiser to play Trippier for an hour or so, then bring on Livramento, rather than playing our 2 best right backs and thus increasing the risk of either or both getting an injury, and limiting our options from the bench. 

I think in games where we're the result is assured one way or the other before the hour mark, we should bring on TL and LH. That gives them 30+ minutes of PL game time, without throwing them in from the off. I'm sure TL could handle starting games in the PL, but unfortunately for him, he's behind our team's leader, it's assist leader and arguably our best defender. If Livramento was a leftback I'm sure he'd already be embedded in the first team. 

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Some questioned why we bought Tino.  Can you see why now?

I think it was more "If we've signed Tino, why did we bother signing Harrison 6months earlier".

It's a rhetorical question though, as we didn't know Tino would be available at the time 

• Like 2

On 05/11/2023 at 13:36, Kid Dynamite said:

I think it was more "If we've signed Tino, why did we bother signing Harrison 6months earlier".

It's a rhetorical question though, as we didn't know Tino would be available at the time 

Also, Ashby was available for only a few million quid and was really highly thought of at West Ham. I think he was always going to be one we took a gamble on and if he's good enough great and if not we'll still make a decent profit moving him on in the future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love Burn and you could see why he was played ahead of Targett in what was almost a back 3. But you can already see how much more Tino offers at LB 

• Like 3