Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Boro hitting some good form now. Only 5 points off play offs. Mackems will be

fewming if they make it.

The mackems don't really care about Boro, Boro don't really care about the mackems. Deep down NUFC is the one thing that grinds their corn. 

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The mackems don't really care about Boro, Boro don't really care about the mackems. Deep down NUFC is the one thing that grinds their corn. 

It’s always puzzled me about Boro- you’d think they’d be more bothered about their local rivals, Leeds. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s always puzzled me about Boro- you’d think they’d be more bothered about their local rivals, Leeds. 

I think they had a magedia complex as well with Tyne Tees. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

All my boro mates hate both with a passion, probably because they don’t have a local Yorkshire team to have as rivals. Very one sided from my experience though 

1 minute ago, strawb said:

All my boro mates hate both with a passion, probably because they don’t have a local Yorkshire team to have as rivals. Very one sided from my experience though 

I'll bow to your in-depth knowledge but I've always got the impression if they had to pick one out of us and the mackems it would generally be us although granted they haven't played us for a while.

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'll bow to your in-depth knowledge but I've always got the impression if they had to pick one out of us and the mackems it would generally be us although granted they haven't played us for a while.

Yeah you’re probably right among the vast majority, they probably do dislike us more. 

Be useful if Darlo or Hartlepool were higher up so they could have their own local Derby 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, strawb said:

Be useful if Darlo or Hartlepool were higher up so they could have their own local Derby 

If the mountain won’t come to Mohammad…

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I despise the cunts especially when their cunt fans claim they do it without oil money, fucking cunts. 

Aye they finished 8th twice under Arteta before splunking 400M odd over 2 seasons and lo and behold suddenly they are challenging. 

Bit of perspective for the miserable twats questioning Howe right now. It took Arteta 4-5 years just to get into the CL and with a MUCH better foundation than what Howe and Nufc had 2 years ago. 

• Like 9

Put TNT on for Madrid v inter with Fletch, mcmanaman, Rio Ferdinand and Joe cole. Flicked through the stations got the same feed for the game from setanta but just the crowd noise, no TNT duck eggs.....

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What a tremendous game this has been, atmosphere is immense as well. Late atleti goal to bring extra time and they should've got a winner, even better when you can't hear twit and twat prattling all they way through it. 

• Like 2

Shows how well the mackems are doing on their budget when you think that, as recently as the autumn, they’d have given these sides a good game 

• Haha 4

Just now, ewerk said:

So the team with the theoretically better players have won? Very interesting... :scratchchin:

As to the other point, even the inaugural tournament in 55-56 was played over two legs until the final. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So the team with the theoretically better players have won? Very interesting... :scratchchin:

Perhaps they were clubs with vast experience of the CL at all levels of their management? 🤔 no one, including Howe, Staveley, her manservant and Ashworth(less), at NUFC had ever recruited for or had other involvement in a champions league campaign…. 😑

The expansion of the tournament ironically, rather than the format itself* has created the elite players being concentrated in fewer clubs. 
*appreciate that’s a bit chicken and egg, but there used to be two group stages the last time we were in it. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

The expansion of the tournament ironically, rather than the format itself* has created the elite players being concentrated in fewer clubs. 
*appreciate that’s a bit chicken and egg, but there used to be two group stages the last time we were in it. 

Yeah and that expansion was just “more games = more revenue”.. a bit like next season’s planned nonsense fest but just a bit less so… good luck with all that Villa :D 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

TNT just putting Liverpool as their number one match tonight, Liverpool who were 5-1 up from the first leg and are at home for the second and are currently 4-0 up after 35 mins and 9-1 on aggregate. (Villa and Brighton are playing Ajax and Roma).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

TNT just putting Liverpool as their number one match tonight, Liverpool who were 5-1 up from the first leg and are at home for the second and are currently 4-0 up after 35 mins and 9-1 on aggregate. (Villa and Brighton are playing Ajax and Roma).

Plucky underdogs with horrendous injuries :smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

IMG-20240314-WA0023.jpg

The missus asked for pineapple on her pizza in a little place around the corner from where we staying in Rome a few years ago.

Me;

No Way Reaction GIF

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

The missus asked for pineapple on her pizza in a little place around the corner from where we staying in Rome a few years ago.

Me;

No Way Reaction GIF

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

• Haha 2