Sir Eddie's Champion's League Prospects vs Senor Nee Baals Conference League Spunkbuckets

Gemmill

At no point did they play us off the pitch. What did happen was that Aston Villa played well. They even went for a goal when they were 5-1 down and I have no doubt that they will have a good season, a great one compared to their recent history. This does not detract from our victory, on the contrary, it shows that we are going to be a really difficult team to get anything from this year. I thought we may drop down to about 6th this year and I would have been happy with that given our recent history. Based off Saturday,  I just cannot see that happening now. I still think Aston Villa will have a good year based off their game with us.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

At no point did Aston Villa play us off the park. Not even close. 

Even if they did, which they didn’t, what sort of argument is there for a team which only scored one and we’re lucky only to concede 5 as giving an impressive performance? Mind, if he’s rattled, we really should be optimistic. 

• Like 3

Being generous here, maybe he was impressed with Aston Villa because he now expects that high level of performance from Newcastle? 

In the past he’s been complimentary about some of our teams at various stages of his management at Man United and of our support. Villa were well in the game till Mings went off after 31 mins and it took till the 58th minute for us to go 3-1 up when Konsa lost the ball in his own box. They had Watkins chance after that, not sure if there were many others after that? We were the better side but tbf 5-1 might have flattered us a bit…. his comments are of utterly no concern. I think he likes what he’s seeing at NUFC and at Villa. He basically says so . Calm down you fuckin fannies :D 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

In the past he’s been complimentary about some of our teams at various stages of his management at Man United and of our support. Villa were well in the game till Mings went off after 31 mins and it took till the 58th minute for us to go 3-1 up when Konsa lost the ball in his own box. They had Watkins chance after that, not sure if there were many others after that? We were the better side but tbf 5-1 might have flattered us a bit…. his comments are of utterly no concern. I think he likes what he’s seeing at NUFC and at Villa. He basically says so . Calm down you fuckin fannies :D 

nah mate. he's a cunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I can't help having respect for Ferguson, Don't think he explains hinself well here but his comment is more directed at Villa's performance than ours. I disagree 5-1 flatters us though, because we could easily scored another 3 had it not been for Martinez, and fuck the letter of the law, no way should he have been on the pitch imo. How the fuck can a goal keeper just come out, completely ignore the ball, and rugby tackle the player and stay on? Deliberate and potentially dangerous. Should be a red for any player (keeper or outfield) and regardless of shooting angles etc. 

But no doubt Villa had their moments and are one of the few teams that really are capable of troubling our defence. Losing both CBs probably takes them out the running though. Shame. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I can't help having respect for Ferguson, Don't think he explains hinself well here but his comment is more directed at Villa's performance than ours. I disagree 5-1 flatters us though, because we could easily scored another 3 had it not been for Martinez, and fuck the letter of the law, no way should he have been on the pitch imo. How the fuck can a goal keeper just come out, completely ignore the ball, and rugby tackle the player and stay on? Deliberate and potentially dangerous. Should be a red for any player (keeper or outfield) and regardless of shooting angles etc. 

But no doubt Villa had their moments and are one of the few teams that really are capable of troubling our defence. Losing both CBs probably takes them out the running though. Shame. 

I quite admire him for what he did at aberdeen.

soon as he crossed the border he became like one of the bad scottish guys in braveheart.

not to be trusted.

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I quite admire him for what he did at aberdeen.

soon as he crossed the border he became like one of the bad scottish guys in braveheart.

not to be trusted.

I admire him for ManU too tbh, taking all the partisan BS out of it. The guy's a fully fledged hun cunt from Govan, so it's not like I'm ever going to like him on a personal level, but his achievements are unsurpassed. ManU have been a shit show since he left which underlines his achievements. Wish he'd joined us in the 80s tbh. 

He's talking absolute shite man. We could have had 8. They could have had 3.

And from the 70 minute mark we were doing whatever the fuck we liked with them.

Maybe the stupid old cunt should learn about xG.

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's talking absolute shite man. We could have had 8. They could have had 3.

And from the 70 minute mark we were doing whatever the fuck we liked with them.

Maybe the stupid old cunt should learn about xG.

Aren’t Eddie’s mags hitting their xG then? Must be something wrong with their attack 🤷🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Aren’t Eddie’s mags hitting their xG then? Must be something wrong with their attack 🤷🏻‍♂️

We're outperforming our xG. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Not according to the leader of the TT fanny faction. He says we should’ve scored 8 🤷🏻‍♂️

Could have ≠ expect to.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Being generous here, maybe he was impressed with Aston Villa because he now expects that high level of performance from Newcastle? 

Nope. He was being a bitter old cunt 

• Haha 5